Note: This is a summarized and updated version of the community restructuring process and its current outcomes. The whole process can be tracked at GitHub, and the rationale behind the process and other vital information about the same can be read from the Open Book. This page is currently maintained by the provisional meta team. Please inform any of the meta team members in the discussion page if you find any glaring error. Feel free to fix minor formatting/other errors.
|“||Have open, transparent, accountable teams where individual contributors can work together with the highest amount of flexibility. Adopt a participatory process that does not add excess process overhead. Everyone is urged to take up the things they like and work together with others, and in the process, improve the structure itself.||”|
|— The Open Book (Mozilla India)|
Background with timeline
- May-June 2016: Listening to concerns with the existing structure (or the lack of it) in the Indian Mozillian community from some of the active contributors, and some recommendations were proposed. These helped in planning for a restructuring.
- August 2016: Community discourse and consensus for beginning the restructuring process with recommendations from the community, and formation of provisional meta team (also known as strategy team)
- November-December 2016: Open community proposal, and clubbing community members under different teams/groups based on their interest as mentioned in the proposals
- Team/group division based on proposals received by December 18
- Ideas proposed by community members
- Questions/concerns (feel free to ask here if you have any)
Outcome: Team division
Based on the proposals submitted by the Mozillians, they are clubbed under various teams and geographical groups. Below is the quick link to the relevant teams.
|Teams||Meta team||Currently a provisional meta team is functioning to facilitate this restructuring process. This team will help create the actual meta team.|
|Functional teams||Mature technology and products||Future technology and products||Developer engagement and evangelism||Advocacy and policy||Marketing and brand (consumer)|
|Mozilla Leadership Network Hubs||Mozilla campus clubs||Localization||Community||Operations and infrastructure|
|Focus teams||Maker party||Grow WebVR||Web compatibility sprint||Dive into Rust||Addon|
|Hyderabad/Andhra Pradesh||Ahmedabad/Gujarat||Bangalore/Karnataka||Mumbai/Pune/Maharashtra||Thiruvananthapuram/Kerala||Bhopal/Indore/Madhya Pradesh|
|Jaipur/Rajasthan||Chennai/Tamil Nadu||Lucknow/Uttar Pradesh||Kolkata/West Bengal||Delhi/Noida/Greater Noida/Gurgaon|