The Evangelism Task Force draws influence from the Evangelism Reps SIG.
- Create a team of people who can *speak* at events and represent Mozilla and its projects at different events.
- Arrange for training sessions for those speakers. Train new contributors interested in joining the task force and enhancing their skill sets.
- These people can be from any functional areas.
- Have a list of such speakers whom the Event Task Force can send to events.
- Create sustainable training materials for other teams, through screenshots, article series etc.
- Keep the team lean, but of high quality.
- Fulfill the aims of the task force.
- Perform all responsibilities mentioned here: ReMo/SIGs/Evangelism_Reps#Responsibilities
- Be a "source of truth" about the metrics of an event they go to.
- Gradually spread to other communities and improve cross-community collaborations.
- Should have basic communication skills. Includes:
- Good spoken and written skills in English.
- Good command of mother-tongue.
- Should have presented at some events. (Does not have to be Mozilla-specific)
Joining the Evangelism Task Force
If you have spoken at some public event, and if you are from India, consider yourself to be part of the team. However, we will need to know you. So, here is what you need to do:
- Signup for the "MozSpeakers" group on Mozillians.org
- Ping any of the members mentioned below to get help.
Once that is done, try solving these:
- Cross the barriers mentioned here: http://christianheilmann.com/2012/09/05/de-bricking-yourself-starting-out-as-a-speaker/
- Create some training materials. (Does not have to be Mozilla-specific). Can be:
- Blog posts
- Tutorial series
- List information of speakers available, per topic area. Sync up with Technical Task Force on this.
- Plan on collaboration with other Task Forces and help them to train their members in public speaking.
- Create new content for top-line goals of Mozilla. We have too many stale content, for FxOS, Webmaker etc. Don't re-use same content everywhere.
- Prepare Indian community specific toolkit for task force members based on the Evangelism Reps Toolkit.
- Conduct minimum 2 training sessions a year. Helps in training interested members and onboard new members.
Owner: Kaustav Das Modak
- Soumya Deb
- Sayak Sarkar
- Saurabh Anand
- Sudheesh Singanamalla
- Jaipradeesh J
- Priyanka Nag
- Ankit Gadgil
- Shahid Farooqui
- Akshat Kedia
- Chandrakant Dhutadmal
- Avik Pal
- Tummala Dhanvi
Previously, meetings of the Evangelism Task Force were conducted on every third Thursday of a month at 10:30PM IST. Meeting notes are available on the Meetings page.