Indiameetup2012/Localization Sprints Bangalore
Date & Location
Date:18 Feb 2012 Location: 'Saaranga' http://saaranga.com/map
- Provide clear and concise understanding of Mozilla localization ecosystem.
- Enable non-technical participants learn to contribute translations using simple web based interface.
- Community building with interaction among new and experienced localization team members
- Improve translation quality using peer review
- Capacity building of L10n teams,
1 day L10n sprint
- Divided into three module:
- Localization using Web based localization tools(Narro)
- Localization with mercurial tools.
- Each module has <20 minute talk (with slides and video demo)
- Followed by a workout Session.
- Each module follows Translate -> Review -> Build/Test workflow.
- Using training material (Mozilla wiki pages, Handouts, exercise sheets)
- Software (USB pen drives with Locale specific fonts, keyboard layout software, development builds of firefox, hg bundles, mercurial tools)
10.30 A.M. to 1.00 P.M.
- Arky, arky at mozilla dot com
- Hari Prasad Nadig, hpnadig at gmail dot com
- Suma Addoor, sumaaddoor at gmail dot com