Indiameetup2012/Localization Sprints Pune
Date & Location
February 10-11 at GNUnify'12, SICSR,Pune.
- Provide clear and concise understanding of Mozilla localization ecosystem.
- Enable non-technical participants learn to contribute translations using simple web based interface.
- Community building with interaction among new and experienced localization team members
- Improve translation quality using peer review
- Capacity building of L10n teams
1 day L10n sprint
- Divided into three modules:
- Localization using Web based localization tools(Narro)
- Localization with mercurial tools.
- Each module has <20 minute talk (with slides and video demo)
- Followed by a workout Session.
- Each modules follows Translate -> Review -> Build/Test workflow.
- Using training material (Mozilla wiki pages, Handouts, exercise sheets)
- Software (USB pen drives with Locale specific fonts, keyboard layout software, development builds of firefox, hg bundles, mercurial tools)
Arky, arky at mozilla dot com