Jetpack/Weekly Meeting/2013-06-04

From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Agenda

Awesomeness Schedule

Awesome Date Awesome Person - Awesome thing
05/20 Jeff - NativeWindow post - post drafted and now being re-worked in concert with another drafted post for hacks about the add-on competition.
05/27 Jordan - ?
06/03 Erik - Download Module
06/10 Gabor - ?

Bugs

Triage Followups

ID Summary Priority Status

0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);


Open Bugs

Attendees

  • Jordan
  • Irakli
  • Will
  • Jeff
  • Erik
  • Matteo
  • Gabor
  • Mossop
  • DCamp
  • Alex

Minutes

High Priority Work

Cross-domain content scripts

No progress this week.

UX Work

Meeting last week. Tested toolbar module, mostly works, one bug.

Places API

Had long discussion about the API, will make changes, hopefully by end of week. The JEP API is no longer up to date - will update it asap.

DOM Window for add-ons

Review assigned to Mossop for websocket. Ran into issues with local storage. Talking to Gabor this week.

The great last repack

We have definitive lists for which add-ons we could and could not repack. Yesterday we sent out emails to authors whose add-ons we can't repack. We've assigned manual testing to Will, Jeff, Matteo, Erik. Hope to complete this in 2 days, then send out the final mass emails by end of this week. It's later than we had hoped, but progressing.

De-traitification

Audio problems, so no update on this.

SDK

Blockers?

Mossop needs more reviews.

Roundtable

Connect SDK console to browser console

Alex has made a platform patch to make this easier, would like feedback - will talk to Irakli.

Intern work

We have an intern coming in next month (SF-based). Irakli, Jeff, Mossop, DCamp to discuss what to do with him in Friday's meeting.

Panel / toolbar bug

Jeff: we should delay deprecating until we have a replacement (Fx 25, when people will be able to use a SDK toolbar module). Especially as this will give them review problems, as it will result in warnings being logged. Do warnings cause review problems or just errors? Ask Jorge: if only errors cause problems, then it's OK to start issuing warnings in Firefox 23 (Aurora uplift). Erik will update the toolbarbutton module.

Bug 786681 Cross domain content script flag finally landed!

!

devtools brainstorm (optional)

What's coming up in Q3? Tools to help add-on developers. Add stuff to the etherpad, go over it in next week's meeting.