From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous week | index | next week »

Meeting Details

  • 9:00am Pacific, 12:00pm Eastern
  • 650-903-0800 x91 Conf# 206 (US/INTL)
  • irc.mozilla.org #l10n-drivers for backchannel


Chofmann, SethB, Axel, Mic, Wil, Pascal

Draft Notes

* Fx3 - Beta 3 locale review

    • From meeting yesterday, we are still not clear what B3 will look like or when string freeze will be taking place
    • Axel has emailed Schrep and Mconnor to talk about string freeze and get clarification
    • These are the current locales we believe are at risk:
      • For web services across Tier1 and 2: Swedish and Danish have had no response on any attempts via email or IRC; German - should be ok but need confirmation from localizer, Japan and China - still working on contacting providers for changes they want to make
      • For web services and web parts Tier 3: 39 locales contacted, 4 did not reply: Pavel for cs (he has been away and Mic has heard from others on the team), Georgian and Dutch. At time of writing we heard back from Dan for Macedonian.

ACTION: pascal/mic/sethb to do a locale review, find places where localizers are on/off and reach out and get human contact e.g., go to Sweden

      • Techincally, Axel sees all at risk

ACTION: Axel/Chofmann to sort by active users and start going through and ensure we're on same pge as team about what needs to be done and how we can help out. chofman will work on pt-BR and indian locales [Editor's note: Axel can you please write in yours and Chofman's plan around this from our discussion, particularly if there are significant steps]

* AMO redesign

    • Redesign is delayed and clouserw thinks it's getting too close to FF3 freeze, so we're delayed till end of Feb probably. already notified localizers

*comm dev

    • sethb: can now use survey to ask community about various isues; previous responses have been upwards of 1400 people
    • pascal: mexican for es-MX edition progress