- 9:00 AM Mountain View Time (UTC -7)
- 650-903-0800 x92 Conf# 206 (US/INTL)
- irc.mozilla.org #l10n-drivers for backchannel
- (notetaker: Stas)
Axel, Pascal, Sethb, Gandalf, Tim, Stas
- 63 opt-ins
- 5 green miss the opt in
- as (on track), eo, es-MX, gl (on track), vi
- 7 red miss the opt in
- ku, ml, mn, oc, sl, tr, uk
- using new dashboard's sign-off app for this
- some localizers do the litmus tests
- Axel figured out why the numbers he was getting from Litmus were wrong
- the "first run" bug gives a good approximation of current status
- see here: 
- 56 done, 18 left
- outreach planned for the end of the week
- Mozilla Service Week - significant delay even for en-US
- Fastest fox - pascal to decide how to proceed by the end week
- backend work still in progress
- 20 new strings added just recently -- clearly not ready
- Discussion: use new (web) project to recruit new localizers
- 3 new beta locales: es-CL, rm, ta-LK
- fixed minor issues or update request for gl, sr, pl, zh-TW and others
- some requests still open, stas didn't have time before rc1 code freeze
- Switching the defaults: should we switch for all users, or only new?
- See 
- for yahoo->google: only switch new users
- for recent changes (e.g. google->yandex): switch all users
- we need a policy here, check with kev, beltzner, lilly
- l10n drivers' recommendation: switch all users to new defaults
(in meeting with the designers for the AMO redesign)
- code freeze is going to get pushed out a week to the 28th
- discussion with multilingual QA
- 7 locales
- Litmus testcases' clean-up
- multilingual QA people are looking at them
- Amit is too
- Axel working with Henrik on a test for geolocation strings
- Gandalf started hacking on Silme 0.7
- release end of next month
- features listed at [Silme:0.7]
- community projects, how to report to l10n drivers?
- adrian's project will be named: Koala
- Seth will blog to introduce Koala
- do we need an interaction designer for the dashboards?
- if yes, sooner or later?
- currently: many navigational usability problems
- would be good to have someone do the visual design
- consistent visual style
- small, minimalist
- Discussion about Stas's blog When should we resolve l10n bugs as fixed?
- should invert the current convention and "resolve fix" when fixed on current branch (next release branch) and add fixed-trunk for landings on trunk?
- should we start using target milestone?
- Discussion about post 3.5 migration (l10n-central -> l10n-mozilla-1.9.2)
- probably the easiest way would be to do an IRC week and handle each locale separately