- 9:00 AM Mountain View Time (UTC -7)
- 650-903-0800 x92 Conf# 206 (US/INTL)
- irc.mozilla.org #l10n-drivers for back channel
- gandalf leading discussions about the future of pontoon
- pootle guys liked pontoon a lot, they think it would be a good front-end to pootle/verbatim
- localizers expressed interest in using pootle to localize SUMO
fx 4 beta program
- no progress since b1 as far as the app goes
- Pike doesn't think we can make b2 with l10n; b3?
- bugs that are blocking in Pike's opinion haven't been triaged yet
- beta1 shipped off of mozilla-central
- no clear idea on when we should branch
- l10n merge needs to be turned on
- what is our policy about l10n merge?
- for how long do we turn it on?
- do we need a bottom threshold below which we don't ship a merged build?
- fix to product-details required
- impact on download experience:
- all.html - listed twice? all.html#or breaks then
- landing page - there are 3 scenarios; we'd need to choose between them depending on the platform of the visiting user
- final builds available
- beta builds available
- no builds available
- we could stop shipping the mac builds altogether.
new locales on 3.6/4
- work in parallel will be confusing, esp. that 4 is close
- hot in Berlin, little to none brain activity
- catching up on ecosystem
Talking points: summit catchup, beta program
- still recovering from the summit
- good feedback about the todo app during the science fair
- talked to Ani [ml] and Manoj [or] about debeta
- pontoon planning
Talking points: partial-platform de-beta?
- L20n XUL patch progress (carefully removing DTD phase)
- Pontoon planning with ozten/fred/seth/stas/walter/dwayne
- L20n performance testing plan with Taras initialized
- Jetpack L10n planning for Q3/Q4 with Myk
Talking point: L10n of Firefox 4 beta - call to arms?
- Post-Summit Mortem
- In London, set up mobile phone number, home internet, and visited a "hotelling" spot called "The Hub" as a possible "office" where I can work.
- prepared Fx4beta firstrun page for l10n (including rtl support)
- added video subtitling system for beta pages
- kept cleaning up mozilla.com repository, now down to 500GB (from 1.1GB 2 weeks ago)
- fx 2/3/3.5 in-product pages all merged to 3 folders now
- created an oldversion folder with a call to upgrade to the latest version, used as the single whatsnew page for Fx versions no longer supported
- fixed localized all-beta pages to handle a fallback to en-US download box since this is the first time we have an en-US only beta release
- Got a lot of feedback on our KB from localizers during the summit, which will be reflected in the new SUMO version. New mockups here
- We will start end user support with Firefox Beta 3