L10n:Goals/2010Q4/WebDev L10n Package
Make webdev's life easier and reduce our workload when it comes to internationalizing webapps.
- Project Lead: Stas
- Reviewer: Pascal
Dev version of the PHP code available on github. Little progress made for python (need to reuse code written for Kitsune).
- add support for 'no htaccess' way
- multiple gettext domains
- locale feedback (don't go directly to en-US)
- make use of a prefetch script
- Let webdev internationalize their websites (php/python) by deploying an easily-customizable i18n code package.
- A very flexible set-up allows for per-locale customizations
- Content is easy for marketing to update
- Content is easy for localizers to customize (e.g. add a locale-specific paragraph) (basic HTML knowledge is assumed)
Timeline / Milestones
These are the bugs of interest: