Team website: Mozilla Italia
Support forum: Forum Mozilla Italia
Team group on Mozillians: Mozillians l10n:it
Bugzilla: file a bug for Italian localization
Active team members
|Sandro Della Giustina
Firefox OS (Gaia)
Localizers in training
|Michele Dal Corso
|SeaMonkey owner, QA Contact
- Software projects
- Firefox (desktop)
- Firefox (Android)
- Firefox OS (Gaia)
Current status of all software projects is available on the Italian Dashboard.
- Web Projects
- SUMO (current status)
- AMO/Marketplace (current status)
- Persona (current status)
- Firefox Flicks (current status)
All localizers working on software projects use Mozilla Translator. The localization process is managed individually by each module owner on his own schedule.
When possible web content is managed on Pontoon, in order to let more people cooperate.
- Translation Memory
We currently use Transvision. This tool is useful in several situations, for example to check if wrong strings belong to the software or an add-on, identify in which file a particular string is saved or check how an English string is localized (this is extremely important for SUMO articles).
- Style Guide
A brief Style guide is available on our website. We tried to keep it as short and simple as possible: since all the QA process is done in public on our support forum, new localizers can see how previous works were organized, which forms or terms are to be avoided, etc.
How to join this l10n team
- Join our support forum. Don't be scared by the number of sections, posts or user. There is a low traffic specific section dedicated exclusively to web and software localization and another one for SUMO.
- Check if there are already open projects (threads like "Help wanted for ..."), or open a new discussion to introduce yourself and explain what you'd like to do. You don't need to be a localizer and know how to translate from English, you can also help us ensuring that the quality of the current Italian localization is the highest possible.
- You can check if there are open web projects on Pontoon or our Web Dashboard.
- For the localization of MDN, we have defined a specific workflow. You can read about it here.
Important: if you see something interesting, don't start in a rush. Again, check our forum, see if someone is already working on it and join/help him, we don't want to waste anyone's time and efforts.
We welcome all new localizers and contributors, but we'd like to stress how important is for us that they remain involved after the initial phase. Not only is important, for example, localizing in Italian an article on SUMO, but even more important is to keep it up to date.
Localizing SUpport.MOzilla.org (SUMO)
If you want to help localize http://support.mozilla.org/it into Italian, please do the following:
- Create a SUMO account
- If you can, get in touch with the Group Leader(s) listed here via a Private Message. If there is nobody listed there, please get in touch with Michał / vesper.
- Read our universal l10n documentation here. For language-specific documentation, please get in touch with your Group Leader(s).
- Visit your language thread in the forums and introduce yourself to the community. We don’t bite, unless you’re made of cake.
- You're ready to go! If you have any questions, ask them on the forums.
We use our support forum for all the QA process and coordinate the localization of all current projects.