- enable localizers to include locally defined resources (for example with macros or basic local entities)
enable build engineers to generate index resources that include language specific resources
This will include the resource into the current resource.
Things to consider:
- circular imports (the compiler should detect them)
- caching (when more than one file imports a resource)
- refreshing (when the imported resource changes)
The first draft of this feature was more about preprocessing the lol files and inlining the contents of the imported resources into parent lol files.
The current thinking is to import on runtime (accepting the I/O cost) and cache the imported resources.
- requested by kaze, fabien
- gandalf: ok
- stas: ok
- pike: against the old draft
- code in branch "statements"