About the Bauhaus
The Bauhaus-Universität Weimar has become well-known for its wide range of teaching and research activities based on civil engineering and architecture-oriented disciplines. Today the University offers an extensive spectrum of instruction with over 30 courses of study, including free art, design, web design, visual communication, media design, media culture, architecture, civil engineering, materials science, processing technology, environment and management. Read more about the Bauhaus
- Professor/s: Prof. Jens Geelhaar
- Tutor/s & Co-Ordinator/s: Jan Dittrich
- Design Faculty
Class of 2010
15 students from Bauhaus University are participating in the ‘Designing for Action’ course in the Media Art and Design BFA program.
The course, conducted by Jan Dittrich under the supervision of Prof. Jens Geelhaar – enables students to create applications and products focused on user needs. Students from various backgrounds have joined the course – media art & design, computer science students and even an architecture student.
- Type of Class: Media Art and Design BFA program
- No.of Students: 15
- Class Website/Wiki: http://www.uni-weimar.de/medien/wiki/IFD:Designing_For_Action
- Designing for Action - Intersections between potential user needs and evolving technologies.
- Mentors, Eric Reiss & Søren Muus (FatDUX) visit the Bauhaus (2011/02/10)
- Update on Bauhaus Universities ‘Open Interaction Design’ course (2011/01/25)
- Bauhaus University class embarking on open Interaction Design (2010/11/09)
- Web Dogma (Eric Reiss - 2011/02/10)