< Labs | ConceptSeries
What is Student Outreach?
It's a Mozilla Labs Concept Series channel to give industry related experience exposure to students at global institutions - via co-created and collaborative Design (UX, UCD, HCI, IxD) courses.
We aim to directly work together to propose and structure a engaging course module that’s relevant to the institutions own goals, interests and timing schedules.
Full support will be provided during the duration of the course including community feedback, guest lectures and mentor appearances throughout the project.
Please get in touch:
<Desigan Chinniah - cyberdees(at)mozilla(dot)com
Types of Courses
Various globally located institutions are already collaborating with us. Some of the course types presently offered include:
- User Centered Design (UCD)
- Participatory Design
- User Testing/Evaluation
- Design Jams
- A.I. Cuza University (Sabin-Corneliu Buraga) - Iasi, Romania
- Ashesi College (Astrid Larssen) - Accra, Ghana
- Bauhaus University (Jens Geelhaar) - Weimar, Germany
- City University London (Neil Maiden) - London, UK
- University of Dundee (Jon Rogers) - Dundee, UK
- University of Southern Denmark (Jacob Buur) - Sønderborg, Denmark
- University of Sydney (Martin Tomisch) - Sydney, Australia
- University of Technology Sydney (Linda Leung) - Sydney, Australia
- Your Institution Here?
- Mobile - Intersection between new user needs and innovative technologies for our online lives
- Tablet - Multi-touch interaction, gestural interface design for controlling web activities.
- Web Apps - Apps for mobile is a well-known way to interact with the Web; anything bigger than that?
- Home Dash - Are people buried among all tabs, pages, histories and notifications? How a browser can help people manage that?
- Do It For Me - Make your favorite web activity easy to do, across all websites!
- Physical Apps - bring the web to the physical world
- Designing for Social - How do online social networks affect people’s personal and professional lives? What problems, both known and unknown, do people have with current ways of online social networking? What opportunities exist for us to make things better?
- Test Automation — How We Do Things at Mozilla (David Burns - 2011/03/15)
- Web Dogma (Eric Reiss - 2011/02/10)
- Projects from HCI Students at A.I. Cuza University (Iasi, Romania) Kick-Off & Gather Speed! (2011/05/18)
- Franco Papeschi (Web Foundation) — Visits, Listens & Mentors ~ Ashesi HCI students (2011/05/11)
- Bauhaus – Open Interaction Design Class of 2011 Wrap-Up (2011/05/03)
- Software Engineering students at the University of Sussex are visited by Mozilla WebQA (2011/04/15)
- Masters of Interactive Multimedia students from the University of Technology Sydney (UTS) design a rich hybrid application (2011/04/08)
- Ashesi University College announce a semester of Open Design projects (Blog - 2011/03/16)
- Mentors, Eric Reiss & Søren Muus (FatDUX) visit the Bauhaus (2011/02/10)
- Update on Bauhaus Universities ‘Open Interaction Design’ course (2011/01/25)
- User Centered Design in the Open @ The University of Sydney (2010/12/02)
- University of Sydney students mash up UX & Open Design (2010/12/02)
- Bauhaus University class embarking on open Interaction Design (2010/11/09)
Keep Updated with Latest News
- Twitter @MozConcept
- Blog posts All 'Student Outreach' posts
- RSS Feed for 'Student Outreach' posts