Q3 goal: F1 release with Facebook, Twitter, Gmail
Things we're deferring
- long tail UI, e.g. long-tail with status.net next release
- long tail email
- Publishing OAuth app secrets (in particular Twitter)
- Privacy Review (Sid - to be scheduled)
- Shane to walk Sid through the differences w/ older F1 architecture
- Security Review (curtisk)
- happened, mostly fine, need to schedule followup items (e.g. injection attack review)
- will contact curtisk and he will parse out to others as needed
- AMO Review (to be scheduled)
- DavidA gave Jorge a heads-up, should send him a xpi as soon as the gmail smtp flow is working.
- UDC Review
- No server-side user data, so not an issue (but need to fill in form).
- Coordination with OpenWebApps: Recommendations from MikeHanson and BenAdida
- expect that 70% chance no OWA add-on release this quarter, 30% chance release with no WebActivities support.
- release add-on with no in-web-content APIs exposed
- name your add-on something other than openwebapps
- if you use navigator.apps, rename that to navigator.f1apps for now.
- we'll have to figure out merging with OWA add-on in a few weeks.
- Currently works
- Currently works
Shane to make skeleton OWA app
Mark & shane finishing gmail xauth smtp.
- Left to do:
- figure out thumbnail inclusion (mime packaging work)
- Not sure how Google will like lots of SMTP calls
- Not sure how problematic access to SMTP ports is on the interwebs
- No clear way to detect errors in the field. ideas?
Non-Service Specific Dev Tasks
Change branding to be "Firefox Share Alpha" ?
Fix URI generation in about:apps [Shane]
- Fix API injection [Shane w/ Myk's input] (will fix broken-in-new-windows bug)
- Strip xpi down to size [shane]
Make sure that logout really removes all credentials in localStorage
- UX minor bits
- style logout link a bit better
change + tab to say that we'll have a way for adding arbitrary third party services.
Disable drive-by OWA installations [Shane]
- Deferred: Adapt the OWA panel styling to adopt the F1 style [James]
- Deferred: fix UX for about:apps
- Deferred: fix UX for drive-by popup
DONE: Bryan to write up usertesting.com scenario (by EOD Monday)
- Shane et al to run usertesting.com tests (by when?)
- Questions to answer:
- Does the OWA "stuff" get in the way of the Firefox Share experience?
- What's confusing?
- Blog Post [david, w/ havi's help]
- We're branding as Firefox Share (alpha)
- Explain how this add-on is different from previous version
- Explain why we're targeting a few major sites, and that we're planning long-tail in a subsequent release
- Explain about client-side blah blah
- Note: don't have multi-account setup in this version, sorry
- Explain no data migration -- need to resetup, re-auth
- Lots of UI polish still TBD
- Nearly no testing on non-mac platforms so far
- AMO team extremely busy