Labs/Ubiquity/Meetings/2009-03-18 Weekly Meeting
- IRC channel: #ubiquity
- Dial in:
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 201 (US Toll Free/Skype)
- +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 201 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 201 (Canada)
- Talk about Labs/Ubiquity/Secure_Coding_Practices
- Get 0.1.7 out
- Zack's documentation prototype
- Fern's work on Herd
- Placed the way Ubiquity worked so that the pblock of commands (i.e., the preview area) now live in content space via an iframe. This solves a major security issue where results from XHRs could potentially include system privileged code.
- We need volunteers to help with CSS tweaks caused by the switch to using the iframe.
- If you are programming a chrome://... URL, please make sure that all dynamic text place in that page that comes from 3rd-party places must be sanatized/escaped. Otherwise we create a security hole. Use Utils.escapeHtml, http://www.hurl.ws/1d72s.
- Memory leaks fixed!
- Lots of code changes. Would like to get out 0.1.7 tomorrow morning, but needs serious testing.
- Zach/indolering produced a mockup for new documentation. It is essentially copied and restructured from the Enso work and is available here: http://help.indolering.com/wikipedia.html He will be producing more work and testing it as well.
- Fern is making rapid progress on the Herd now that he has time. He has basic command submission, tagging, friends, embedding bespin and more in the pipeline for next week.