Labs/Ubiquity/Ubiquity 0.5.2 Release Notes
Ubiquity 0.5.2 makes a number of incremental changes to improve Ubiquity's localizability and usability.
If you already have Ubiquity 0.5 or 0.5.1, it will automatically update itself soon (you can also go to the add-ons manager and click "Find Updates" if you are feeling impatient). If you don't already have Ubiquity installed, you can get the latest version of Ubiquity here.
Thanks to Lech Deregowski who spearheaded the major work required to make about:ubiquity and related pages localizable. The new command reminder feature was made possible by the support and encouragement of many Labs engineers and was implemented in just over a day by mitcho and Brandon.
- Verb suggestion memory was implemented. Now more commonly used verbs will be ranked higher.
- New command reminder function gently reminds the user when they are using a service's website instead of the command.
- Many nountypes' scoring algorithms are now markedly improved (#746), as was documented in a series of blog posts: introduction, day 1, day 2, day 3.
- Introduced new experimental geolocation nountypes:
noun_type_awesomebarnow works for accessing the history.
- Mouse-based Ubiquity has been improved. Mouse-based Ubiquity is the interface to Ubiquity that can be accessed by selecting some text on a page, then right-clicking, then selecting "Ubiquity" from the firefox context menu that pops up. Suggested commands given by Ubiquity here are now much more informative than they have previously been. Before 0.5.2, only the verb of the command that would be performed was shown. Now, the entire command including the verb and all of it's arguments are displayed. This removes a lot of ambiguity and makes the mouse-based interface much more useful than it had previously been.
- Spanish command localization.
- about:ubiquity and most other related pages are now localizable (#770)! Localization files are in properties and DTD format and can be found here. Please ask on [irc:irc.mozilla.org#ubiquity #ubiquity] or the ubiquity-i18n list if you have any questions.
- about:ubiquity was localized for Japanese by marsf.
- Utils.log now ensures the Firebug console is available.
- The Playpen and Nountype Tuner have been updated to work.
- Some unit tests were fixed (#641). Now all are passing when tested on an individual's machine or in the browser.
- Most all about and settings pages are now XHTML.
- Improved parser completion in some rare edge cases.