The MDN community meeting takes place in the #devmo channel on irc.mozilla.org at 10 AM PDT (17:00) UTC). See the meeting time in your time zone. It's open to anyone that would like to participate, so please feel free to join in!
- Next Doc Sprint: tentatively, 22-23 November
- Online only (local meetups encouraged)
- Focus: Changes needed for Redesign launch (need a list to work from)
- Mozilla Festival, 25-27 October
- Several MDN staff and volunteers will be attending and leading a "scrum" called "Makes for Developers and the Future"
- How's work on Firefox documentation going?
- Firefox OS docs status?
- Need more live samples -- how can we encourage this?
- Could we find a way to make pages that should have them but don't show some kind of "Hey, we need a sample here?" box in the sidebar?
- Content that uses the dev tools to teach?
- Using the Trello board
- What sorts of tools do we need?
- A PR is in at last for the problem with translations being associated with the wrong language (bug 900961)!
- Page moving and deleting continues to creep toward returning.
- Status report
- Sean Martell is working on designs for our content styles! Finally we will have professionally designed content styles, instead of using whatever random numbers we throw at things.
- We still have a lot of bugs to triage. So feel free to report bugs: Search and small-screen devices (phone/tablet) still have a lot of bugs to pinpoint.
- Bugs (need to decide if they block launch or not) are here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=910513&hide_resolved=1
- Launch blockers are here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=925144&hide_resolved=1
- Still a lot of work to do: I expect the need to update about 30 templates, + manually edit about 500-1000 pages (depending on the designs by Sean)
- Do we want to have a sprint for this update work? Should it be in-person? Might help morale while doing this unglamorous work
- Next triage meeting? Next Tuesday, 29 October, at 17:00 UTC (10am PST) on IRC in #devmo.