Since lots of people lurk in #mdn, if you're actively attending the meeting please speak up and introduce yourself.
- sheppy (remote)
Note items here that you want to be sure the community is aware of. We won't rehash what's listed here, but may raise and discuss questions about these items.
- Mozilla's first web dev conference View Source conference in Portland, Or. Nov 2-4.
- several MDN folks speaking and hosting discussions (and organizing the conference,too)
- local folks can volunteer: https://docs.google.com/a/mozilla.com/forms/d/1j8FtvYQlhHo5U-kUYRob3j8DdvMuBbjQRED36b6sPDE/viewform
- discount for MDN users/volunteers (register with MDN25 code)
- Please to promote the event to networks, friends, coworkers, etc!!!
- MozFest in London November 6 & 7: teoli & fscholz have a session
- Quick links for APIs.
- Default sidebar for API overview pages. Called Template:DefaultAPISidebar('API Name')
- This work well for all simple API, that have a couple of guides and some reference
- Example of use: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Audio_Channels_API
- The parameter is the API name as it appears in the GroupData JSON DB
- This DB has 108 APIs & will speed the creation of overview pages for simple API (like Audio Channels)
- For large APIs, we will still need to build more complex sidebars, like for WebRTC: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/WebRTC_API
- If you see APIs or Guides without sidebars, please add it (or ask for help).
- If you see errors or discover guides that should be added to GroupData, just ask on IRC, e-mail or file a doc bug.
- next step: Creating a meta-documentation page about the structure of an overview page. Once this meta-doc page we can make a big call for help.
- MDN 10th Anniversary shirts are finally here!
- Will be running a campaign on Twitter giving away shirts to people who post photos of MDN swag
- current contributors will get shirts, of course.
Topics for Discussion
Are you facing a challenge with something related to MDN, or need help from others in the community? Please bring it up for discussion.
- meeting attendance low
- do we need to refocus? Maybe be more about actual proposed tasks, or reporting in from community members?
- Maybe send a mail to the list and ask what people would find useful in a meeting
- use social media to get feedback on what should be in a community meeting
- can also use social media to "advertise" community meeting
- make sure there is an agenda well before the meeting
Anything else we need to discuss synchronously?
- Who will moderate the next meeting?