The Personal Dashboard project for MDN is a proposal to add support for a customizable dashboard for MDN users. This would allow users to more easily track and find the things they need to reference. Features would include things such as:
- Customizable layout
- Assorted "widgets" that can be placed, including:
- Quick access to favorite pages on MDN
- Custom search boxes (with pre-set filters, etc)
- Lists of things to do
- Customizable, multiple lists possible on screen at once
- Things like suggested reviews, pages needing work, dev-doc-needed bugs, doc requests, etc
- Replaces "user pages"
- Maybe have both a public and a private notepad option?
- Once implemented, support for reading and responding to on-site messages
- Available at a predictable URL
- Optionally accessible to others so they can see it?
Our mission is to make this dashboard a place that Mozillians might call "home". Make me want to set it to be my "new tab" page!