During product planning meetings we set product milestones. We discuss milestone goals & objectives - esp. release dates & success metrics. Product planning meetings set the backlog of milestones.
- Schedule - Bi-weekly Wednesdays @ 10am PST, 15-60m
- Attendees - All MDN Stakeholders: Engagement+, Product+, Dev+, Legal?, QA?, IT?
- Carry-over any outstanding milestones
- Introduce new milestones
- basecamp milestones & tasks
- accurate bugzilla milestones
- update [MDN#Current_Projects]
- Schedule - Bi-weekly Thursdays following Product Planning @ 10am PST, 15-60m
- Attendees - Product+, Dev+, QA+, IT?
- Retro - celebrate every push, give kudos; encourage what worked and fix what didn't work in last sprint
- Triage - prioritize new bugs (use bugzilla)
- Planning - Developers review milestones' bugs with Product and add everything necessary for dev - implementation details, resources, risk, effort, etc.
- Roadmap - briefly summarize Product Planning meeting for anyone who skipped it
- Output - Sprint backlog in the form of dev + product-approved bugzilla bugs for immediately active milestone(s)
Standup is a very short (5-10m) daily meeting to make sure everyone is on the same page.
- Schedule - Daily @ 10am PST, 5-10m
- Attendees - Developers & Product
- Agenda - Round-robin:
- What I did yesterday.
- What I'm doing today.
- Blockers, if any.
- Output - warm fuzzies
Bugs should typically flow thru the team:
- Product, QA, or Dev
- (Unconfirmed) -> New
- (Unconfirmed) -> Resolved:wontfix/invalid/worksforme/duplicate/incomplete
- Product & Dev
- Add milestone during dev planning
- New -> Assigned -> Resolved:Fixed
- Resolved:Fixed -> Reopened (staging problem)
- Resolved:Fixed -> Verified:Fixed
- Verified:Fixed -> Reopened (production problem)
- Verified:Fixed -> Closed
- Blocker - cannot push milestone without fixing this bug
- (e.g., security, total loss of functionality)
- Critical - only okay to push Blockers in front of this bug
- (e.g., major function broken but workaround in place)
- Major - this bug is part of the major focus of the milestone
- (e.g., Demo Studio for 0.9.3)
- Normal, etc. - Nice-to-have, work on between other bugs
- (e.g., style changes, annoyances)
- Monthly on Tuesdays before Product Planning
See [MDN Production Push]