The account wizard is the step by step interface for setting up a new (email, rss, gmail, newsgroup) account. Each type of account has different sub steps but they all start from this, the main page.
The first page gives a list of the main account option types and requires no other inputs.
/explanatory text/ ( ) Email account ( ) RSS News & Blogs ( ) GMail (@gmail.com, @googlemail.com) ( ) Newsgroup account [ < Back ] [[ Next > ]] [[ Cancel ]]
The second page of the wizard can be different depending on the options chosen. Here are the alternatives (choose your own adventure!) for the various options available.
- MailNews:Account Wizard:Email
- MailNews:Account Wizard:RSS
- MailNews:Account Wizard:GMail
- MailNews:Account Wizard:Newsgroup
On linux there is also
- bug 221030 — Unable to set up IMAP over SSL using the New Account Wizard
- GMail POP for Thunderbird 2.0
- GMail IMAP for Thunderbird 2.0
Other Account Setup Systems
Here are some existing efforts to get account setup information in a different method than the manual entry from our users.