MDN Localization Meetup
People whose native language is not English, and who have some amount of knowledge of web technologies.
Localize MDN content in a social, collaborative setting. Increase participation in MDN localization by having experienced localizers help newcomers.
Here is a sample agenda for when you have a significant number of newcomers:
- Demonstration of translation interface
- Form teams based on topic interest, with at least one mentor per team
- Hands-on translation
- Recap of accomplishments and challenges
If you have only one or a few newcomers at a meeting, you can give them a quick intro while the rest of the group is already working. Be sure to have materials ready for newcomers in case some show up.
- Projector for showing how to translate; if not available, mentors can show in small groups.
- Wifi so everyone can connect to MDN.
- Attendees must bring their own laptops, unless computers are provided in the venue. Make this clear when promoting the event.
- Technical knowledge is not required to contribute to MDN, but be sure to have someone present with some technical knowledge to answer questions.