Marketing Workspace Raf
Getting Involved with Mozilla
Congratulations! You've downloaded or compiled a copy of Deer Park Alpha 1. This means that you've volunteered to become part of the testing community. Helping out won't take much of your time, doesn't require special skills, and will help make the next version of Mozilla Firefox even better.
Note: The Deer Park build you are using is NOT A FINAL OR PRE-RELEASE VERSION of Firefox, it has been made available for testing purposes only, with no end-user support. If that sounds scary, you'd probably be better off with the latest version of Firefox that you can download here.(hyperlink)
What's New in Deer Park
- New Browser Features
- New Web Developer Features
- New Extension Developer Features
- Release Notes
- Firefox Project Page
What Needs To Be Done?
You've already downloaded a build. All you have to do is use it as your everyday browser.
- Reporter Tool
- Deer Park comes with a new tool for reporting broken web sites. From the 'Help' menu, select 'Report A Broken Web Site' and provide as much information as you can about the issue that you are encountering. By helping alert us of broken web sites, we can work with the webmaster to correct the problem, and make the website compatible.
- Please use Talkback and turn it on when it asks. Talkback reports give us really valuable data on which crashes are the most serious, and how often people are encountering them. All you have to do is click 'OK' when Talkback prompts you to send feedback. If you find something you think is a bug, check to see if it's already a known bug, and then please follow the bug submission procedure.
- Give Feedback
- Send us your feedback.(hyperlink) Information submitted via our feedback form will be published to the newsgroup netscape.public.beta.feedback so project contributors can read it. Do not submit any information unless you wish it to be made public. Your email address will be spam-proofed.
- Extensions installed under Firefox 1.0 may be incompatible and/or require updates to work with Deer Park Alpha 1. Please report any issues to the maintainer of the extension.
- Quality Assurance
- Mozilla QA has a page dedicated to ways to get involved with helping. This doesn't involve knowing how to code, although a little knowledge of HTML is helpful. Being involved with QA is good for people wanting to get more familiar with Mozilla and Deer Park and there's a strong community.
- Fix Bugs
- Is there some bug that really bothers you? As well as reporting it, feel free to fix it. Learn more at the Firefox Projects page.
- If you're not interested in helping out at a development level, visit SpreadFirefox.com(hyperlink) and help us spread the word about Firefox. This is a great place to start with your ideas. You can also visit the forums at MozillaZine(hyperlink) to tell us what you think.
More ways to get involved...