Media Capture means acquiring access to Camera and/or Microphone data. Several projects or features require Media Capture to function fully. The W3C Media Task Force is defining the getUserMedia() spec which Mozilla's Media Capture work will be based on.
Perhaps the biggest challenge to tackle are permissions and notification:
- When are permissions asked for?
- How are they presented? How often do we ask/re-ask?
- How is the user told that Camera and Microphone permission has been given?
- How do they change those permissions after permission has been given or revoked?
- How does the user know when his/her camera Camera and/or Microphone is on and being accessed by an app?