We broke the regular meeting into 2 parts (one on Thurs 2/21/2013 covered Android/MWC, one on Fri 2/22/2013 covered Desktop)
Android WebRTC Platform Meeting: 2/21/2013, 9:30am Pacific
1) Android work/status
- After a meeting yesterday to discuss readiness for MWC, we've decided we have enough to demo video
- Still a few bugs we'd like to fix if we can:
- Bug 840244 (video orientation)
- Bug 843208 (aspect ratio)
- Bug 842631 (A/V sync improvements)
2) Discuss any current problems for people or issues that haven't been discussed -- or Any Heads up for the group
- [jsmith] Bug tracking for android webrtc & gum - android-webrtc+ and android-gum+ if they block shipping PC, DataChannels or gUM, respectively.
- [jsmith] Discuss that email I sent about the MWC testing results
- See item 1 above (we discussed the contents of that email in section 1)
Desktop WebRTC Platform Meeting: 2/22/2013, 8am Pacific
Notes: 1) gUM blockers for release: where are we? All are tracking-firefox20.
- Bug 842442- Follow on to Bug 827145 (Looks like the fix didn't handle every case) - Dao took this bug and has a patch up for review.
- Bug 843971 - Sharing dialog always indicates the last set of devices shared within a tab, not the devices actively in use in the tab (Need to ping dolske, dao, and/or gavin and have one of them fix this ASAP)
- Bug 843190 - Fixed, but needs an uplift (Jesup to ask for uplift of this to Auora and Beta)
- Bug 843214 - video to audio+video - second request will fail - Jesup took this and has a patch up for review,
- Bug 837539 (Jesup - crash in Mac device driver during very fast start/stop of video) - We've reached out to Mac specialists at Mozilla for help. Akeybl has said he'd be ok with a wallpaper patch for Fx20 if we can't fix the root cause. He'd need a wallpaper patch by mid-March, but we should try to have one ready for review by the end of next week.
Note - Anything that is deemed as blocking-gum+ for Fx20 needs to be nominated for tracking-firefox20, so that these bugs end up on release management's radar.
2) PeerConnection, DataChannels blocking-webrtc+ bugs
- Bugs 835023 and 842749 - jib has debugged these and is working on patches for them, but jesup and others are concerned that patches for these may wallpaper over a bigger issue. We went into lots of discussion on the call and afterward on irc about DISPATCH_SYNC and threading. We plan to add asserts to the code to catch anything wonky.
- Want to add support to allow STUN servers to be added by DNS name
3) Discuss any current problems for people or issues that haven't been discussed -- or Any Heads up for the group
- [jsmith] Two bugs with blocking? - quickly talk about to resolve?
- Media Stream Tracks: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=834835 -> consensus: we definitely would like it (probably a blocker)
- Weird Remove Stream Behavior: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=842455 -> consensus: not a blocker
- [jsmith] The developer experience and error handling with the WebRTC APIs
- [jsmith] Worked with Ekr to do a second round of refactoring for the PC tests
- [jsmith] Lots of MWC testing for the WebRTC demos
- [jsmith] Misc ad hoc testing for error cases for PCs
Desktop Meeting: Blocker list for gUM release: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?query_based_on=gum%20blocking;status_whiteboard_type=anywordssubstr;query_format=advanced;status_whiteboard=blocking-gum%2B;bug_status=UNCONFIRMED;bug_status=NEW;bug_status=ASSIGNED;bug_status=REOPENED;known_name=gum%20blocking
Blocker List for releasing PeerConnection and DataChannels (the rest of WebRTC): https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?query_based_on=WebRTC%20blocking;status_whiteboard_type=anywordssubstr;query_format=advanced;status_whiteboard=blocking-webrtc%2B;bug_status=UNCONFIRMED;bug_status=NEW;bug_status=ASSIGNED;bug_status=REOPENED;known_name=WebRTC%20blocking
Combined Blocker List for all of WebRTC (gUM, PeerConnection, DataChannels) release: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?list_id=5234368;query_based_on=WebRTC%2Fgum%20blocking;status_whiteboard_type=anywordssubstr;query_format=advanced;status_whiteboard=blocking-webrtc%2B%20blocking-gum%2B;bug_status=UNCONFIRMED;bug_status=NEW;bug_status=ASSIGNED;bug_status=REOPENED;known_name=WebRTC%2Fgum%20blocking _________________
Android Meeting: Android User Stories/Progress: https://webrtc-apps.etherpad.mozilla.org/4