Support dynamic portrait/landscape changes when rotating the N900.
A WIP patch exists that seems to enable the dynamic rotation support, but only if the Maemo default browser has it's portrait mode enabled.
- Figure out why the Maemo browser is "connected" to Firefox rotation (mfinkle)
- Clean up any portrait mode bugs in the UI layout. Windows Mobile supports the rotation by default and has turned up some bugs.
- Speed up the post-rotation redraw code.
- Project Lead: mfinkle
Ideas for portrait polish:
- portrait vs. landscape tab thumbnails
- more vertical spacing on controls
- requiring more of a re-orientation than just past 45deg to make the switch
- having a sensible orientation lock mechanism
- Quickly and correctly switch from landscape to portrait (and back again) as the user rotates the device.