Fennec (and Mozilla's mobile project in general) is still evolving and growing. As such, there is not a good central repository of information about Fennec and Mobile. This page will act as a clearinghouse of links to information and resources about Fennec and Mobile.
Guides and Overviews
- Front-end Architecture - Information about how the Fennec front-end UI is designed.
- Extensions Guide - Fennec add-ons are built the same way as Firefox add-ons. Here's some information on the differences.
- Best Practices Guide - Tips and guidelines for building a great mobile add-on.
- Code Snippets - Examples of commonly used code snippets.
Demos and walkthroughs of features.
- Fennec Beta 1 (Madhava)
- Fennec Alpha 2 (Madhava)
- Fennec Alpha 1 (Madhava)
- More design videos by Madhava
- Gestures in Fennec (Felipe Gomes)
- Fennec on E-Ink (jayakumar)
Many of the Mobile developers maintain blogs:
Some specific blog posts of interest:
- Fennec for Windows Mobile - Alpha 3
- Fennec for Maemo Beta 3
- Fennec 1 Beta 1 - General coverage of the state of mobile and fennec
- Fennec Beta1 - Need for Speed - Performance
- Fennec 1.0 Beta 1 - New and Notable - Performance
- Fennec Windows Mobile - Update - Memory issue changes for Windows Mobile
- Fennec Windows Mobile Pre-Alpha Problems - Memory problem identified
- Fennec A2 Performance - Performance
- Fennec Alpha2 Performance - Performance and design
- Fennec Tab Syncing - Using Weave on Fennec
- Short History of Mozilla on Windows Mobile - Background
- Air Mozilla Geolocation Talk - Background