Type "about:config" in the address bar and to create or modify these preferences.
- Set to false to allow untested extensions to install in nightly builds.
- Logs information about installing, updating and removing add-ons to the console.
- Enable or disable plugins like Flash.
Using VNC on a N8x0-series device
On the device goto http://mike.saunby.googlepages.com/x11vncfornokia7702 in the browser. Click on the relevant .deb package at the top of the page. It will now install x11vnc on the device.
On the latest diablo images, x11vnc will not run after being installed (it may not even install). To get around that do the following (as root):
ln -s /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8 /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.7 ln -s /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.7
Here is a guide on how to use it after it has been installed.
If you are using a Mac you can use Chicken of the VNC.
- Setup usb networking http://maemo.org/development/documentation/how-tos/3-x/howto_usb_networking_bora/
- Setup nfs on the device. http://wiki.maemo.org/Setting_up_NFS
My /etc/fstab on the device contains:
192.168.2.14:/home/taras/work /home/taras/work nfs rsize=4096,wsize=4096,noauto,async,udp 0 0
This gives fairly good read performance so I can fennec directly out of the build directory
Copying files to an N900
Getting files to your N900 is not as easy as one would think. One way to do it is through the USB cable, as follows:
- Connect N900 via USB, in 'mass storage' mode
- Open the mounted drive in your desktop, and copy files
- Unmount the drive
- Disconnect the USB cable
- If you have a terminal open in the N900, close it
- Open a terminal in the N900 and go to ~/MyDocs. The files you transferred will be there.
- Files in ~/MyDocs cannot be chmod +x 'ed. Copy builds to /opt and run them from there.