- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Next merge: 2014-10-13
Topics for This Week
- MFinkle talks about the pro's and con's of using commit() vs apply() for saving changes, along with patches to makes some changes.
- Messaging.jsm API Changes
sendMessageToJavadeprecation warnings in logcat now.
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge. New contributors are highlighted in bold.
- Jeffrey Godwyll fixed bug 1060354 - Removing event listeners in LightWeightThemeWebInstaller
- vivek fixed bug 984503 - Add "Remove Firefox Account" menu option to FxAccount status activity
- capella fixed bug 1057685 - Tweak Browser:Quit to maintain existing support for add-ons and bug 1021804 - Long press on news story links invoke context menu
- eedens fixed bug 1057390 - Clear focus when keyboard is dismissed and bug 1046972 - Hide settings button when keyboard is active
- amoghbl1 is working on bug 1019045 - Unify magnifying glass/search icon
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- bug 1056947 - WEBGL_draw_buffers extension incorrectly exposed in Firefox on some GLES3 devices
- Investigate reftest hangs (bug 1059797)
- Investigate libmozalloc.so crashes on Google Play
- Fix up node-http2 some more
- Work on per-connection metadata and statistics in Janus
- Read up on <picture>, now supported in 34+ behind a pref
- Look at implementing <img src="foo.mp4"> for gif -> video conversions
Alan K. (ack)
- ad-hoc mode for FxOS is working
- X-compiled OLSR for FxOS
- CloudSync bounced this morning, investigating
- Fix up static address assignment for IBSS
- UI fixes for Mesh
- Re-enable Wifi
- bug 1053264 Mouse cursor flickers after activating screensharing on Windows
- bug 1060796 Limit screen capture FPS
- bug 1057626 java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: android.net.ConnectivityManager.isActiveNetworkMetered
- bug 1060249 Disable WebRTC content analysis of video frames for motion/complexity on Gonk
- bug 972639 Investigate CPU impact of WebRTC content analysis code
- bug 1060708 Front and back cameras on Android not recognized by facingMode gUM constraint
- bug 525284 Permanent "browser_bug400731.js | leaked 1 docShell(s) until shutdown" when running tests only in browser/components/safebrowsing/content/test/
- bug 1061704 Expose facingMode properly in camera stack instead of doing camera device name string compare
- bug 1059393 Investigate reducing the power consumption due to SafeBrowsing
- Standalone WebRTC
- OpengGL WebRTC Player now works on the Roku.
- Updated bug 1048425(Enable support for tab sharing with Roku device) so that it would launch the player channel automatically.
- Minor fixes to WebRTC Player on Roku (correct aspect ratio, detect dropped connection, etc.)
- Set up private channel with Roku WebRTC Player to enable testing.
- Investigate bug 1053426 Fennec crashes when tab sharing is active (Looks to be memory leak)
- Continue to try and land standalone code.
- Investigate sending H.264 instead of VP8 video to standalone WebRTC. (Not certain how critical this is as performance of VP8/OpenGL appears adequate)
- Land bug 1048425 Enable support for tab sharing with Roku device. Possible now that there is something to test against.
- Janus Proxy (https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Janus)
- Stream transfer rate metrics
- Memory profiling metrics: usage, GC stats, leaks (gh node-janus/52)
Present & Future
- Janus Proxy
- Review/testing of performance test suite and HTTP/2 support
- Investigating bug 1034114, bug 1051637 and some others
- Continued working on image compression
- Fixed marionette tests and network simulation
- Finish image compression
- Landed new Messaging.jsm API (bug 1043633 and bug 1055144)
- Fixed autocomplete popup behavior, bug 1037353
- Catching up on Search activity
- Looking at swipe-to-close, bug 1030896
- bug 1056054 - crash in java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.gecko.ChromeCast$VideoPlayCallback.onMetadataUpdated(ChromeCast.java)
- bug 1059096 - network error pages (about:neterror) have "XML Parsing Error: undefined entity" - due to Bug 1042196
- bug 1055012 - crash in java.lang.IllegalStateException: Not connected. Call connect() and wait for onConnected() to be called. at com.google.android.gms.internal.hc.ci(Unknown Source)
- bug 763671 - New designs for fennec form elements - Landing in 35 (today)
- bug 1058150 - Use a restricted profile for guest mode. Landing in 35 (today)
- bug 1048300 - Not obvious that browser menu is scrollable on small screen devices.
- bug 1061936 - Excess logging in BrowserApp/GeckoAppBug 1061936 - Excess logging in BrowserApp/GeckoApp.
- bug 1042199 - Widget for searching from error pages. Back in forth in reviews here.
- bug 989094 - Webrtc permissions prompt should remember your last choice. Waiting for UX input.
- bug 897711 - [guest] Provide an indicator for guest mode in the UI
- bug 1061030 - crash in java.lang.IllegalStateException: Already registered Wifi:Enable at EventDispatcher.registerListener(EventDispatcher.java)
- bug 1042205 - Provide search suggestions from our history db on error pages. Need some UX input
- bug 815682 - Lock screen widget/shortcut for Guest Sessions on Android 4.2 and above. Landing (nervously) in 35.
- bug 901360 - Convert to Downloads.jsm in Firefox for Android
- bug 1020505 - Regression: Browser menu has width issues
- bug 1050780 - Browser menu missing dividers in Android L Preview
- bug 1055536 - Too many differing background greys throughout the browser
- bug 1059450 - Regression: Thin pixel bar present next to the back button on tablets in the new toolbar
- bug 1057438 - Rewrite FadedTextView
- bug 1060394 - Move FadedTextView to the widget package
- New RequestHandler API in Picasso
- Patch reviews
- Wrap-up tab strip v0
- Wrap-up toolbar v1
- Follow-ups for lightweight onboarding (bug 1059441, bug 1059792, bug 1060267)
- History/Recent-Tabs panel bugs (bug 1031273, bug 1060678)
- Private browsing contextual hint - bug 1014293
- Search activity hacking and bug wrangling
- See mobile-firefox-dev post about how to get involved
- Created a github repo for Firefox for Android add-on modules/boilerplate code: https://github.com/mozilla/firefox-for-android-addons
- (I still need to move the hub boilerplate and skeleton add-on there, but this is a place where you can put add-on code you want to share)
- 1057629 - Use search plugins that ship with Fennec to populate options in search activity settings
- 1057634 - Create localized default search engine pref for search activity
- 1057992 - Change Pocket add-on icon to their Pocket Hits icon
- 1058352 - Default search engine probe recording null instead of "other"
- 1061644 - crash in java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Couldn''t find search engine for identifier: YAHOO at org.mozilla.search.providers.SearchEngineManager.createEngine(SearchEngineManager.java)
- bug 1046203 - Change BrowserToolbar to use alternative layout when isNewTablet()
- Browser toolbar refresh
- bug 1058909 - Implement new tablet toolbar display mode
- bug 1001655 - Replace applicable Strings in test code with StringHelper references
- bug 960746 - Back/forward button state can get out of sync on tablets
- Too busy with other things:
- bug 983437 - Delay FHR pruning until the screen is off
- bug 989441 - Centralized documentation for writing tests
- Chatting with Georg re telemetry/FHR unification.
- Discussion with nalexander about Sync push and task continuity.
- RTL kickoff.
- Landed ckitching's share work with some fixes.
- Landed locale-aware search activity change.
- Reviews and fixes.
Next: web content language picker, fixing resource dependencies to work on split APKs.
- 993885 - The "Send Tab to Devices" dialog often opens with no devices listed
- 1060496 - Support locale switching in search activity
- 1060524 - Eliminate pre-Gingerbread support
- 1060536 - Move LocaleAware into Fennec to allow for easier reuse from Search
- 1061310 - Enable phase 1 share overlays in Nightly
- 1061337 - Error when bookmarking a URL from Twitter
- 1061345 - URL and title are inverted
- 1061346 - Rename from "Send to Firefox" to "Add to Firefox"?
- Stumbler landed, still build time off.
- Mentoring new ticket with super-contributor (!) vivek: bug 966103.
- Code: second review cycle for Remote Tabs home panel (action in bug 1014994), expected to land EOW.
- Testing: first review cycle for |mach robocop| (action in bug 929654 and bug 874729).
- 958341 - Present "login motivation" to Android FxAccountClient /account/create call to support email verification UI and metrics
- 1003877 - [meta] Custom server support for Firefox Accounts on Android
- 1056707 - Kindle: No way to remove Firefox account
- 1057637 - Extract a re-usable ExpandableListAdapter out of RemoteTabsList
- 1058160 - Specify main activity org.mozilla.fennec.App with a default intent over org.mozilla.search.MainActivity
- Learning HG
- Tabs Adapter refactoring
- Work on List / Tray view stub
- Work on gridview
- Learning HG queues
- not killing gecko-dev
- implementing gridview proper
- Flying out to SF on Wednesday
- Filing some bugs on SharedPreferences and StrictMode
- Unbitrotting some second screen patches
- Last week
- Program review
- Followed up upon landing mini-onboarding and Share overlay.
- This week
- Presented launcher and lock screen study
- Work on tablet design and onboarding with Anthony in Toronto
- UX feedback for share overlay and other stuff
- Program review
- This week
- Continuing Add-on discovery work
- Settings hierarchy, Site Settings
- Looking at doorhangers with Anthony
- NOT in TOR :-(
Myk is away this week as well but will be back the next!
- stumbler is in, but compile time off.
- Blockers to landing for 34: opt-in message is wrong, need a permissions bump