- 1 Details
- 2 Schedule
- 3 Major Topics for This Week
- 4 Application
- 5 Stand ups
- 6 Round Table
- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 95312
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 95312
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 95312
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 95312
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- vidyo: Warp Core
Major Topics for This Week
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
- Last week:
- Hammered on Flash support for Honeycomb
- This week:
- Worked on improving texture upload performance using native Android APIs. Very close to a working solution.
- Last week:
- Fixed assorted zoom/pan bugs:
- bug 706207 (bad viewport serialization exception)
- bug 704690 (html anchors pan to the right spot)
- bug 707132 (meta-viewport size was incorrect)
- bug 707285 (race condition resulting in 1x1 viewport)
- bug 696319 (scrolling web content input into view)
- bug 707483 (scrollTo didn't work)
- Temp patch for OOM causing random orange (bug 706614)
- Paint performance API (bug 706251)
- Fixed assorted zoom/pan bugs:
- Next week:
- Fix regressions caused by my patches for bug 704738 (snap to edge/readjust zoom on device rotation) and re-land
- More zoom/pan whack-a-bug
- Get back to non-pan/zoom stuff (scrollbars, find-in-page)
- Would be nice to get regression testing for pan/zoom features, it's getting to the point where it's very hard to cover all the cases via manual ad-hoc testing
- finished most of the devicemanager patches (but cannot get xpcshell via sut working yet)
- started looking at robotium
- provided feedback on bug 602611
- concentrate on robotium
- bug 705457 - Tab key should move focus to the next field in a form
- Investigated the bug, implemented and submitted the fix
- bug 705166 - Entering text in inputs fields has regressed in performance; lagged input
- Investigated the bug, found the cause of the problem
- Investigated the new IME-related bugs:
- Researched an option to reuse some functionality from Android BaseInputConnection class to fix input issues
- GeckoInputConnection refactoring
- Continue working on IME bugs: Mobile/IME_Bugs
- Landing my first Fennec patch
- Last week: All UrlClassifier stuff
- This week:
- bug 699199 History/Bookmarks migration from XUL to Native
(Gone for the morning)
- Last week
- Added search engines to AwesomeBar results (needs to land)
- Worked on session restore
- This week
- More session restore
- Blocked on
- Last Week:
- Worked on exposing passwords using Content Providers
- Worked on preliminary implementation of thumbnails in tabs-list
- Started looking into form assistant
- This Week:
- Completed the UI for form assistant
- Fixed few small bugs related to NPE on tabs-list
- Started working on exposing passwords using Content Providers
- Finalized local DB support in Fennec
- Fixed bookmarking in Honeycomb/ICS
- Mostly done with about:home as per design
- Land local DB support
- Follow-up changes needed for sync support
- Land about:home with new design
- Crash on thumbnail saving is blocking local DB
- Final design for about:home
- bug 698593 - Reorganize and clean up the preference screen (awaiting review).
- Misc cleanup patches (bug 708076, bug 708085, bug 706705).
- bug 703029 - Expose prefs for text inflation
- Working on a patch for throttling background tabs (to improve power management)
- Start work on re-enabling tablet UI for ICS tablets (follow-up to bug 704693).
- Misc bug fixes.
- Worked with sriram to get form history autocomplete mostly working (bug 695444)
- Wrote patch to add platform support for click to play plugins (bug 707886)
- Basic desktop UI for click to play plugins (part of bug 549697)
- More click to play plugins work
- Add prefs to enable/disable click to play
- Mobile UI for click to play plugins (bug 702653)
- Help finish form autocomplete (we need to talk to alexp about an potential IME issue we’re seeing)
- Save splash screen in Bundle bug 706383
- get recommended addons from profile bug 705993
- OOM from splash screen bug 704022
- fennec defaults to about:support bug 706658
- eclair crash caused by motion events bug 701791
- generate screenshots off main thread bug 706901
- wrote a youtube player for the fire bug 705572
- merged birch to mozilla-central
- lots of reviews, you guys are killing me
- writing haikus about DougT
- only 24 hours in a day
- Worked on the landing w/ Mr. Lassey.
- Working on l10n plan with Pike.
- Working on a Sync plan with Sync people.
- Startup Perf (bug 702829)
- Looking at startup timing.
- Working from Mozilla China office.
- More work on Add-ons Manager. I need to add support for the History API into Fennec, or at least the part where the back/forward UI is updated correctly
- Reviews! I love em!
- Blogged on Error Console
- Some misc bug fixing
- Talked to Brian about Session Store
- Post new patch for Add-ons Manager (when I get the History thing figured out)
- Make some more add-ons and blog about the clearing house
- Push on AMO some more to get support for native Fennec
- Check on status of Download Manager support
- Last week: readability bugs; first-run flow; misc bug opening and closing; ui reviews
- This week: overall polish review; ui reviews
- Readability bugs - remember: there's a whiteboard entry "readability" for these bugs; pls add as appropriate
- This page knows all, UX-wise: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Fennec/NativeUI/UserExperience
- Visualization of over UX doneness: http://www.flickr.com/photos/madhava_work/6379276093/sizes/l/in/photostream/
- Did some more in-depth start page design explorations
- With the functional UI comfortably in place, time to polish polish polish wherever we can!
- Providing specs for a more finalized start page
- Tab menu
- Updating some icons to get better visual consistency across the app
+ scrubbed the UI for consistency / polish
+ created an updated Navigation Bar to better reflect the unique Firefox brand
+ opening bugs and working with dev to get a plan together for landing the polish fixes
+ update the basic widget designs to reflect the new Nav Bar and create a 320px wide width.
- finalized tablet documentation
- testing and filing bugs
- enjoyed watching Dancing with the Stars finale on my phone
- SUMO/SUMOdev workweek
- http://meetup.com/Firefox-Android-Superheroes is tonight in SF!
Since wesj is in Paris, if there is a dev or test eng who can join us for an hour at 6pm tonight in SF that would be welcomed. We have a member (brion in #mobile) who is a webdev testing NativeUI for wikimedia foundation mobile projects, if you want to hear his feedback and help me to answer his questions.
next week: Out on vacation all week for a friend's wedding.