- 1 Details
- 2 Schedule
- 3 Major Topics for This Week
- 4 Application
- 5 Stand ups
- 6 Round Table
- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 95312
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 95312
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 95312
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 95312
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- vidyo: Warp Core
- Merge happened yesterday
- Next merge date is 2011-12-20
Major Topics for This Week
- A release roadmap for Fennec Native is coming soon
- Trying to overlap with normal release channels
- Likely release 1.0 from birch
- Working on a change to UA
- The big issue is how do we get websites to send Firefox Mobile ideal content
- The UA itself is only seen as a step to get better content
- See bug 701056 for a different approach
- Landing of the Pan/Zoom patch queue
- kats/cwiis/dougt/blassey/patrick looking a general test failure
- Adobe dropping Flash
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
- Started looking at find-in-page, then dropped it for higher priority things
- Mostly working on the pan-zoom patch queue:
- Fixed up some pinching/panning behaviour
- Put up a patch for having per-tab scroll/zoom information
- Put up a patch for saving/restoring scroll/zoom information for the screenshot
- This morning: fixed a bug causing crashes on Honeycomb
- Hopefully figured out what was causing the pan-zoom build to fail tests
- Continue working on pan-zoom issues
- Pick up other P1/P2 issues as needed
- Need to land birch-pan-zoom! Working in patch queues has very high overhead, and generally is FAIL.
- mobile network disk cache has been enabled (finally!)
- 10 M capacity
- see about:cache
- build startup cache at package time: works for development environment, but there are complications for nightly builds -- discussing with ted and jmaher (bug 696095)
- network cache compression: testing, analysis in progress
- wrap up startup cache
- concentrate on disk cache
- Last week
- Investigated IME bugs: 630576, 632538, 696319, 698419, 698352, 697838, 699465, 667619.
- Implemented a WIP patch for the bug 630576
- Finally got a phone with hardware keyboard to work on the HKB-specific bugs
- Submitted a patch for hardware keyboard bug 697773 "Cannot type in AwesomeBar URL bar with hard keyboard", but this broke the touch mode, so needs another solution.
- This week
- Continue working on IME bugs, focus on HKB-specific ones
- Last week: Finished popup doorhangers. Doing some UrlClassifier patches.
- Now: Finishing up those patches wrt review comments. Will be looking at bugs. If no more urgent issues, will look at Download Manager.
- Blockers: Nothing
- Last week
- Search engines
- Pan/zoom dead space patch
- Telemetry opt-in UI
- This week
- Finish search engines
- Blocked on
- Last Week:
- Completed the tabs-list as per UI Spec
- Implemented stacking of doorhangers
- Moved doorhangers to the top
- This Week:
- Landed fixing the "drawable" folders for menu
- Working on reskinning doorhangers
- Working on animating tab increment/decrement counter
- Resources for doorhangers from Patryk
- Touch events - bug 603008 -> Patches are up. There's a build at http://people.mozilla.com/~wjohnston/fennec_touch.apk if people want to play/compare to others. Report problems in the bug. Waiting for review. Also, the layers stuff breaks the widget half of this in major ways.
- UA string stuff. Happy to let dicussion continue for another few days. Then want to make a final decision.
- Double Tap zoom
- ? Responsiveness ?
- More context menu entries
- Startup crash for new 'layers' builds
- UX for context menus. What do we want to keep? Throw out?
- AwesomeBar screen as per design
- Favicon caching
- Misc cleanups
- Follow-up bugs on favicon cache and awesome screen
- Misc bug fixing
- Full screen video - bug 698836, bug 688082
- Started on form history - bug 695444
- Started on html version of about:config - bug 699418
- Continue work on form history and about:config
- fixed usage of Cursors bug 700218 and bug 700922
- fixed incorrect screenshot after clearing app data bug 699716 (hasn't landed)
- fixed usage of AsyncTasks bug 700354 (hasn't landed)
- fixed screenshot behavior with user defined profiles (for testing) bug 700917
- added support for overriding package name with test scripts bug 700797
- help land patch queue
- landing of patch queue
- lots of merging
- lots of reviews
- lots of meetings
- Helping land the panning zooming patch queue
- fixed some of the offline mode bugs we had
- More reviews!
- Landed basic Password Manager prompts
- Close to asking for review on the new add-ons manager
- Banging head on mobile UA story
- Add support for new DoorHanger features so we can finish PasswordManager w/ Doorhangers
- Land basic add-on manager rewrite
- Encourage some additional context menus - great first bugs for contributors!
- Get around to blogging
See online status
- Last week: Add-ons flow revisions (done), cataloging missing pieces
- This week: sync setup and pref flow, prefs, bugs open on missing pieces (i.e. these and these
- This page knows all, UX-wise: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Fennec/NativeUI/UserExperience
- Last week:
- This week:
- UI Reviews, filing bugs
- Working on new designs for a Start Page, Reading Mode,
- Blockers: Nope
+ Door hanger designs: updated as per Sriram request included in bug #698598
+ Add ons: created a flow / mock up designs with various scenarios and attached them to the add ons bug #696532
Supporting dev in implementation if any new graphics are needed.
Talos has been random orange since last thursday. We need to address this. I propose we back everything out since the last solid green (Doug's push on Wednesday). People will need to reland their patches after that.
Going forward, we may need a birch sheriff or some other mechanism to make things better.
- P0, P1 features have all been assigned to Test Owners. Next step, testcases; bug triaging; testday (this friday)
- Flash is now on Aurora are we still planning on disable by default?
- Crash report changing from this to more simplified version of Native only crashes.
- will continue to report and monitor other channels, report is just simplified
- If there are any more improvements to make it easier to look at please let nhirata know.
- big crash following the quit - bug 700720 (not in the current report as of yet) Kats got this fixed.
- Performance :
- Working with Waverly to crunch numbers
- cTalbert has stuff automated as can be seen in elancaster's video; missing part is that it needs to log to a server. he will have something towards the end of the week.
- Tegras have low wait times + are afaik on par with n900s. Is there anything preventing us from turning off Maemo builds/tests?
- Who should I speak with re: Android single locale repacks?
- Do we still have a need for linux qt builds?
- Do we need mobile desktop builds on checkin on all branches?
- Now that FF8.0 has shipped, and 7.0 is EOL'd, we're going to close out remaining maemo bugs.