- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Fennec 8 (nightly)
- This is the active development trunk
- Fennec 7 (aurora)
- Need to move only required fixes from trunk (as those fixes are made)
- Fennec 6 (beta)
- Live in the Android Market
Next merge date is 2011-08-16
Major Topics for This Week
- Aurora - Should we add to Android Market?
- The decision was made to give Marketing 30 days to increase the current Aurora ADUs. After 30 days, we'll look at the numbers and decide if Android Market is still required.
- Wiki Feature Page enhancements are live for Mobile too
- Work for Fx8
- Tablet UI
- need to check with UX on design status
- Selecting text in web content followup bugs
- Patch up for some fixes
- Language picker support for locales on AMO
- Process of getting XPIs to AMO
- Deal with nightly breakage
- Basic webapp support - landed
- Some followups landed too
- Need to "appify" the tab
- Need to support manifest approach... somehow
- Master Password
- Address review comments
- File some follow up bugs
- Mobile friendly error pages
- Patches up for review/ux feedback
- Tablet UI
- Let's make sure we are working on other bugs and minor features too
- Landed a patch to get better (/valid) crashreporter reports. Are we seeing that on Nightly?
- NDKr5 should be deployed to build slaves now/soon
- once its landed we'll test a few builds with try to confirm functionality and perf
- then we'll land updated mozconfigs
- NDKr6 was released this week
- no major toolchain changes, no update required for build slaves
- new tool to get stack traces from logcat output
- Application install permissions
- We added a way for the platform to see the network type
- This adds a new permission request at installation
- This will break automated updates
- If a user selected "always update", this change will break that. This change will require a manual update.
- Crashes per build id Report 7/11/2011
- Explosive Report 7/11/2011
- Crash Report July 13, 2011
- QA is testing our 6.0b1 0.8-automation staging release.
- We should be good to go with a dual desktop/mobile release for 6.0b2.
- bug 669189 - Still waiting for word from Google re: Android Market
- Android NDK6 or 5 ?
- How long to support Maemo?
- We have a number of bugs with varying levels of requests for support. Not a complete list:
- bug 669485 - n900s not running on Try
- bug 670077 - triggering maemo5-gtk and maemo5-qt builds via trychooser
- bug 548551 - /builds/scratchbox/users/cltbld/home/cltbld/.ssh is continuously remounted on linux slaves
- bug 548334 - puppet should be setting the 'sbox' service to on
- bug 544713 - update binutils used for maemo builds
- bug 551475 - debug builders for maemo
- bug 630475 - maemo single locale deb / build doesn't start
- New SUMO Mobile coordinator - Michelle Luna
- Test Pilot for Mobile is functional and in QA. (talk to Jono)