- 1 Details
- 2 Schedule
- 3 Major Topics for This Week
- 4 Application
- 5 Stand ups
- 6 Round Table
- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 95312
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 95312
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 95312
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 95312
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Warp Core Vidyo Room
- String freeze: 2012-01-17 (Aurora)
- Missed! We still have several patches that need to land on m-c and/or m-a
- Next merge: 2012-01-31
- This will put Native on Beta
- We will be discussing whether Native is ready for Beta over the next week
Major Topics for This Week
- Sync landed is working (History and Bookmarks)
- Top Sites is flooded with desktop sites. Might need a top sites algorithm change (bug 704977)
- Awesomebar loads much slower with all that data. Reports of taking 2.5 to 4.6 seconds.
- Uplifting panning/zooming improvements to Aurora
- blacklist/whitelist devices/vendor/version
- make sure the dependent bug fixes are moved too
- paint suppression
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- Last week:
- Bug 716937 Robotium testBookmark is failing
- Bug 717023 convert robotium Log.* calls to dumpMessage calls
- Bug 717018 merge robotium logs into a single logfile
- Bug 715198 browser is loading compressed data directly to the page
- Bug 712277 Crash in nsCacheEntryDescriptor::nsCompressOutputStreamWrapper::Close @ MOZ_Z_adler32
- Next week:
- Bug 718829 Robocop: testNewtab is unreliable
- Bug 717684 Robocop: UnboundLocalError if TEST_PATH set incorrectly
- Bug 718827 Robocop: testBookmark uses key events
- Bug 718528 Robocop: upgrade to robotium-solo-3.1.jar
- bug 717902 - Form autocomplete pop-up with the available suggestions is not displayed in landscape mode when HKB is used
- Debugged on a phone with HKB
- Implemented and pushed the fix
- bug 711648 - Pre-commit underline is not shown for the composing text
- Investigated a better way to fire and handle composition events
- Submitted a WIP patch, which implements composition events properly and handles composing text styles
- Finish composition events fixes
- Work on the assigned bugs
- bug 712972 - Can't type mzl.la into awesome bar
- The same issue marked P1: bug 718909 - Awesomebar eats my explicitly-entered URLs
- The patch disables autocompletion and text prediction in the AwesomeBar, but seems like we have to go with it
Chris Lord (cwiiis)
- Last Week
- This Week
- Investigating switching between GL and non-GL surface layers at run-time. Non-GL layers may improve rendering performance when page is not moving.
- Considering workarounds for ProGuard bug 709230.
- Last week:
- bug 713228 SQLiteDatabaseCorruptException: database disk image is malformed: PRAGMA synchronous=1;
- This week:
- Last week:
- Finished up multitouch patch. Tests all pass. Added ifdefs for potentially landing on Aurora (waiting for review)
- This week:
- Enabled local DB on Nightly and Aurora (bug 707150)
- Fixed malformed query on local DB (bug 716089)
- Fix on awesome screen query that boosts its performance quite a bit (bug 709078)
- Fixed racy code in bookmark code in Tab (bug 704922)
- Almost done with Sync invitation in about:home (bug 708414)
- Finalize and land pending patches
- More P1/P2 bug fixing
- bug 712760 - Add some smaller font inflation size options
- bug 711199 - Update menu icons for Android 2.2 and 2.3
- bug 575830 - Image zoom is reset when switching tabs
- bug 714285 - Fix bug in text input context menu matching
- bug 712307 - Update the urlbar icons for Android fennec
- bug 715211 - Update tab menu icons for Android fennec
- bug 714920 - Don't include Copy All or Select All in context menu for empty fields
- bug 715179 - Custom dialog for setting the text inflation font size
- Other theme and polish bugs
- Click events in iframes (bug 710704)
- Tab count animation on startup (bug 706835)
- Small fixes (bug 715889, bug 717284, bug 711993)
- More bug/polish fixes
- Finished bug 706198, waiting for review from dbaron.
- Bug 707195: news.ycombinator.com comments are varied sizes
- Bug 713241: nightly.mozilla.org footer text inflated too much
- black thumbnails
- better quality thumbnails
- background tabs
- prefetch redirecting pages (t.co, bit.ly, facebook.com)
- operates on a whitelist, need to expand that whitelist
- Dealt with Interns
- Fixed crash 704467
- any java crash looks like the same.
- Bug 712576 - improved android geolocation fixes.
- Bug 668194 - geolocation accuracy failures on Windoze and linux.
- Bug 717133 - disabled the disk cache again due to performance woes.
- Bug 714668 - investigating an optimization on 24bit displays.
- Landed updated Add-ons Manager theme (bug 704415)
- Made a WIP for Add-ons options (bug 696533)
- Massive aurora merge. There is still many more patches to do.
- Started triaging crash list
- Started a presentation for a Mobile talk at Mozilla Vision 2012 conf in Tokyo
- Started planning for how to land gralloc on Aurora
- Wrap up presentation / trip to Tokyo (Jan 19-24)
- Land core add-on options patch
- Trip to MV (Feb 13-17)
- Trip to MWC (Feb 26-Mar 1)
- Repercussions of Sync:
- On the sync side
- On the Firefox side
- Provided assets / direction on some UI Polish bugs
- Provided assets and specs for channel themes bug 710260 and splash screen bug 710331
- Designs underway for Firefox on Tablets! \o/
Working hard to keep my bug count at or near 0
Designs underway for Firefox on Tablets
- (johnath) Are we sending good startup stats to telemetry? Once we push to beta, we'll have sufficient telemetry volume from the real world to be able to calibrate our own testing ("we see 2400ms startup internally, but telemetry reports median startup of 2800ms, neat!")
- (pike) owner for bug 713464, English labels displayed initially on multilanguage apk instead of localized strings ? No idea what's going on on Axel's side.
- (cpeterson) Do we have a plan to address bug 701002 and bug 701390 to improve Socorro crash reporting?
- bug 701002 - Put Java stacks into a separate field (not AppNotes)
- (elancaster) What is happening with search plug-ins?
- Showcase: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Fennec/NativeUI/Showcase1-18
- PR needs some performance data: how much faster are we than XUL? In what ways?