- To refresh on the list of Features and their priority, click here.
- To refresh on the plan of record per Toronto's offsite, click here.
- To see baseline vs. current reality, click here: here
Schedule and Milestones
To see who from SC will be attending each showcase, click here.
- Aurora - 963 +9% from last week
- Nightly - 1145 +9% from last week
- Dec 2011: Feature Complete
- Jan 16 2012: String Freeze -> needs to be reset
- Jan 16 2012: First Run Walk-Through --> needs to be reset
- Jan 30 2012: Beta Declare
- Feb 27 2012: Public Announcement at Mobile World Congress
- March 30 2012: Final Release
List of Demos
- Android Sync [Nightly]
- Jinghua and team will walk through user scenarios
- Recent Downloads: See Sync and Nightly icons
- Click on Sync and see code
- Go to Firefox Desktop/Preferences/Disable Passwords, Preferences, and Tabs
- Under Firefox Desktop/Preferences/click "Add a Device"
- Type in the code from the mobile phone into the window/hit "sync"
- See sync happen and then go to bookmarks and history and see that they match those of desktop
See video here: (play from laptop)
- works on about:home
- works for background tabs (tab menus show the background thumbnails)
- higher quality
- we kick a refresh of the thumbnails when you open the tab menu (show gmail)
- Add-Ons Manager is Pretty
- Tabs from Last Time Works
- Font Inflation: Text size defaults to medium.
- Tiny - no font inflation
- Small - 80
- Medium - 120
- Large - 160
- Extra Large - 240
- Download Manager
- Storing downloads to the system download manager: this includes anything you down, app, videos, photos, download, known issue with print to .PDF
- Works gingerbread and higher known issue with Samsung UI; htc or motorola phones should work and anyone who uses a stock android
- S0, S1, S2 Tests
- Many crashes seen on aurora last week were fixed on m-c and have sense been updated
- New Engineering request: Aurora vs. Nightly? What is the delta?
- New report courtesy CrashKill team: https://crash-analysis.mozilla.com/rkaiser/2012-01-12/2012-01-12.fennecandroid.nightly.devices.html
- John Jensen is POC: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=708406
- Evangelism Bugs
- Screenshot comparisons of top-30-Alexa against Native Fennec/Android AOSP Browser/Opera (AaronMT)
MTD feedback in order of frequency:
- "Feeling zippier"
- Sync <--- people still want sync
- Remaining checkerboarding
- Unzooming during page load
- Frame rate when scrolling
- Top sites still don't work
- Flash on ICS