- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Next merge: 2014-12-01 (*updated*)
Topics for This Week
- Tablet UI
- The new Tablet UI is enabled by default. Lucas made a small tweak to silence a Talos checkerboarding test. Lucas and William looked into using eideticker to verify if the Talos failure, but eideticker currently is phone-only. We might just do some manual subjective testing before reverting Lucas' tweak.
- Video and Lollipop
- Snorp has uplifted a set of patches to Fx34 that should enable video and MP4 audio support on Lollipop. MP3 audio is still broken.
- Next Build:
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
- Next Build:
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge. New contributors are highlighted in bold.
- vivek fixed bug 1093209 - Handle "go back" session history menu Fringe cases and bug 1087673 - Enable tab history menu haptic feedback
- ckitching fixed bug 1098082 - Merge identical catch branches
- Marco Zehe, Max Li, and Frédéric Wang helped report and fix some accessibility issues (bug 966904, bug 919279)
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- Enabled MediaCodec in 34 for Android L once again
- Still no standalone MP3 (bug 1082550)
- Fixing up more MediaCodec issues (bug 1097116)
Alan K. (ack)
- standalone webrtc, data channel refactoring
- mozshare discussions
- filer meetup (Wednesday)
- Check out my LogView add-on!
- Back from PTO
- Starting work on e10s telemetry
- SafeBrowsing error handling
- Tooling updates (Gmail, MSVC)
- Fiddling with standalone WebRTC
- bug 1101651 Enable WebRTC unit tests to be built using standalone WebRTC library
- WebRTC sandboxing start
- Posted patch for bug 1097804 - Create a library containing nsISocketTransportService and nsIDNS that can be used to support standalone WebRTC
- Started working on bug 1101651 Enable WebRTC unit tests to be built using standalone WebRTC library
- Continue working on bug 1101651 Enable WebRTC unit tests to be built using standalone WebRTC library
- bug 1089260 - crash in java.lang.Exception: Error loading gecko libraries at org.mozilla.gecko.mozglue.GeckoLoader.loadGeckoLibsNative
- bug 1101583 - Remove unused variables in mozglue
- bug 1093179 - Page-position on m.diepresse.com not always remembered when navigating back
- bug ??? - Tests for screen orientation locking
- Janus Proxy
- Switched to experimental branch (based on graphicsmagick)
- Fixed GZip settings (now configurable)
- Prepared for transition phase serving PAC through HTTP (old) and HTTPS (new)
- (continuing) bug 1093179 - Page-position on m.diepresse.com not always remembered when navigating back
- (land) bug ??? - Tests for screen orientation locking
- Janus Proxy
- Add-on update (HTTPS PAC)
- Add JS stack traces to GeckoRequests (bug 1052158)
- Fighting some Mac build issues with nalexander (bug 1099501)
- iOS login screen refactoring (bug 1101066)
- iOS work
- Making the settings page work for panel management
- Favicon downloads/caching
- Writing a general memory and disk cache
- bug 1097913 - Use quicker interpolator in tab strip animations
- bug 1097931 - Don't clip to padding in top sites grid
- bug 1097986 - Update curve shape to account for vertical break
- bug 1098240 - Use hw layers in tab strip animations
- bug 1055604 - Avoid showing an empty tab strip on startup
- bug 1098245 - Experiment: Avoid cropping tab curve when selected tab is partially visible
- bug 1098459 - Remove dead area on the left of "new tab" button
- bug 1100894 - Don't smooth scroll tab strip when restoring tabs on startup
- bug 1100897 - Duplicate RESTORED tab event on startup when "always restore tabs" is on
- bug 1100904 - Implement UI transitions tracker
- bug 936849 - Tablet tabs tray seems to get stuck in some kind of selection mode
- bug 1097318 - Fix talos regression when new tablet UI is enabled
- bug 1098390 - Graphic buffer garbage shown and persists when entering full-screen (video/regular content) in Android 5.0 (Nexus 5)
- Onboarding discussions with antlam and gemma
- Passwords basic read-only UI + getting parity
- Use correct default search engine in search activity - bug 1091728 (and some other small search activity bugs)
- Trying to land some Readability tests - bug 786638
- Intern phone screens
- 1096612 - Regression: stop offering reader-mode on video
- 1097364 - Support OpenSearchDescription in search engine parser
- 1091728 - Support distribution search engines in search activity
- 1097906 - Reader icon briefly appears for non-reader pages
- 1085386 - Back button does not close the settings page on Search Activity
- bug 1078508 - Design and implement doorhanger for unidentified security state
- New tablet
- bug 975837 - crash in java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot handle null URLs in enterEditingMode at org.mozilla.gecko.BrowserApp.enterEditingMode(BrowserApp.java)
- bug 1085837 - Intermittent testAppMenuPathways | application crashed [None]
- Sync engine format extensions: clients done on desktop and Android, passwords done but blocked on a merging algorithm that doesn't suck.
- Assorted fixes and uplifts.
- Lots of reviews; two new contributors for Sync, which is neat.
- Next: passwords, 105 storage layer.
Projects for this cycle:
- Support Firefox Account "locked" status
- on track -- patches have r+ in bug 1080242, will land soon
- Migrate legacy Sync 1.1 devices
- in progress -- bug tree for Android is prepped and work started (bug migratesyncandroid)
- Pushing Synced Tabs home panel through Aurora bug remotetabsv2
- color fixes landed, scoping this down to make it happen
- Starting Reading List sync service
- no progress
- Landing ckitching's Annotation Processor rewrites
- Gradle integration
- landed initial version, see http://www.ncalexander.net/blog/2014/10/23/building-fennec-with-gradle-and-intellij-first-steps/
- working on building Fennec with Gradle in TBPL
- buck integration
- OMG FAST
- interesting alternative for IntelliJ integration
- 1098239 - Use latest gradle and android plugin
- 1098444 - Gradle build fails without ANDROID_HOME env variable set
- 1093401 - MOZ_DATA_REPORTING is mis-commented or wrong
- 1096627 - [geckoview] Add build step preventing GeckoView library from depending on more of Fennec
TL;DR - I've been mostly working on the iOS project.
- I have finished the first iteration of the Share UI (screenshot) which I hope to land this week.
- Currently focussing on getting the final UI changes in for the Send To extension, making it up to date with the latest UI designs. (Includes minor style/flow changes and a new Toast-like UI element). Should land this week.
- For both Share To and Send To I have only implemented the UI part. Will start a discussion about how to integrate it properly in the Account/AccountManager code that we already have.
- Tweak t.co links to see if we can load external links from Twitter faster (bug 838332)
- Avoid saving HTTP redirections to the history DB (bug 949104)
- 105 sketching and wireframes
- Started 105 Design Document (https://people.mozilla.org/~dhenein/mobile/105/) to capture all the thoughts that are in my head... this will grow
- Mobile Timeline prototype (https://people.mozilla.org/~dhenein/labs/mobile-feed/)
- Task Continuity + Sync/Save/Share meetings are going well (more on desktop but will be cross-platform)
- Clickable prototype, finishing up key screens
- Providing assets for product demos
- Go over child-friendly browser docs
- A few last-minute fixes requested for uplift to Aurora
- Investigating ACRA crash report from Mozilla Stumbler that might translate to one more last minute fix
- No updates from me...wading through what I missed last week!
- Mobile Roadmap
- New Format in Trello
- FYI - reordered the columns per suggestion from Deb
- Changes to status of tracked items that I've missed? Please let me know...