- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Fennec 7 (nightly)
- This is the active development trunk
- Fennec 6 (aurora)
- The door is closing for new patches
- We have less than 2 weeks before the crank is turned
- 2011-07-05: Firefox 8 -> mozilla-central; Firefox 7 -> mozilla-aurora; Firefox 6 -> mozilla-beta
Major Topics for This Week
- Work for Fx7 -> We have Features, Bugs and Testing
- Cranking on new code:
- Tablet UI [At risk for Fx7]
- Selecting text in web content [Needs more eyes to find a scaling issue]
- Language picker on startup [Landed and needs some feedback]
- Basic webapp support [Patches close to landing] bug 583750
- Yes, we added 'Quit' to the Android menu (bug 659670)
- Look into using doorhangers in Fennec bug 661148
- Talked with Madhava about where to move next. Moving forward at the same time mockups/ux discussion happen. [Stalled; Need to un-stall]
- Know your ABCs (Always Be Coding)
- If you get stuck on something, have a backup project to fallback.
- Keep patches and reviews moving forward.
- Minor painting regressions (when putting Fennec in the background, you may see a black screen) is known. Patch to fix this is pending review.
- "official" builds are no longer have debugable set to true in the android manifest
- That means you can no longer read anything in the profile
- run-as bug: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=16391
- If you have a device, and it comes preloaded with a lot of software, you will may not be able to debug fennec
- Mobile Testday (Fri, June 24th)
- Firefox mobile test plans
- Crash Report
- Crash Reports for Tablets/Honeycomb increasing
- Reopened bug 615993 - Fennec crash [@ js::mjit::JaegerShot ]
- Top Crashers:
- N900: bug 609166 - Crash [@ libc-2.5.so@0x2a548 ] on Linux 2.6.28
- Android bug 613954 - OOM crash [@ libc.so@0x11c80 ]...
- PTO: Aki June 23-July 1; Lukas June 27-July 1.
- Contact buildduty for respins/infrastructure issues
- Armenzg is on the hook for a mobile chemspill release
- (aki) bug 664307 - Fennec 5.0b7 - done
- (aki) bug 663986 - Fennec 5.0 - done
- bug 574764 - port mobile releases to 0.8 automation - may be ready for 6.0b1 now that it's slated for july 5; may hold off til 6.0b2 to be safe.
- bug 662400 - tegras moved to new foopies, should allow us more headroom
- (azakai) bug 662936 - fennec silently fails while running talos -- this should help fix a lot of our oranges
- any other help with orange tests would be appreciated (see priorities page)
- devicemotion and deviceorientation support is in the nightly. Please review the spec. http://dev.w3.org/geo/api/spec-source-orientation.html. Let DougT or Alon if you have question, issues, concerns, comments.