- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Next merge: 2014-11-24
Topics for This Week
- Tab Mirroring
- Chromecast tab mirroring is currently broken, up through Beta. Randall and Brad have been working on patches and those should be landing very soon.
- Next Build: Beta 4 Go-to build -> Monday, October 27th
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge. New contributors are highlighted in bold.
- vivek fixed bug 1071117 - Add support to distinguish organic and inorganic feedback and bug 1077080 - Submit button states in about:feedback
- cvielma fixed bug 1064071 - Remove obsolete Text Selection caret positioning logic
- capella fixed a bunch of bugs
- Dominique is continuing to work on bug 663803 - Provide magnifying glass in areas of clustered links
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- bug 1082550 Regression: Android MP4/MP3 video/audio playback broken
- MediaCodec landed! Please cc me on any bugs you see with H264 video.
- Working on making the above work with generated JNI bindings
- Writing a blog post about the above
- Filed a bunch of gfx bugs yesterday. Shit's busted.
- Going to look at the 4.0 hangs again this week/today, bug 1059797
- Working with bc to get actual media tests going on Autophone
Alan K. (ack)
- Q4 goals done (ask GCP for a copy)
- Mozilla Festival this week (22oct->26oct)
- Vacation next week (away 27oct->2nov)
- We now have crash-stats coverage for pre-Gecko and search activity crashes
- PTO next week
- Got the HTTPS based tests working thanks to gbrown.
- 1050108 - Firefox crash [@ nsUrlClassifierPrefixSet::CollectReports(nsIMemoryReporterCallback*, nsISupports*, bool) ]
- 1087348 - Intermittent testGetUserMedia | Page title is correct - got gUM Test Page, expected video gumtest
- Figure out why gUM tests are too orange and keep getting backed out.
- Standalone WebRTC stuffs.
- e10s WebRTC sandboxing planning.
- Ponder about this awesome bug that's coming back to us after 2.5 years and TWENTY Firefox versions: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1085554
- Worked on fixing tab streaming to chrome cast in beta and aurora. Have requested permission to uplift required patches to beta and aurora. Should be working in nightly.
- Continued work on bug 1045967 - Allow WebRTC to be built as a standalone library.
- Investigate why following bug is still occurring: bug 1055562 - crash in java.lang.IllegalStateException: Callback has already been executed
- Continue work on bug 1045967 - Allow WebRTC to be built as a standalone library.
- Need final domain for chromecast.html receiver application so that beta and aurora maybe be updated to point to the correct location.
- (landed) bug 1061372 - Crash with any value passed to mozLockOrientation() but portrait-primary and portrait-secondary
- (in review) bug 942736 - Page-position when going back a page is not always remembered when conducting a scroll on prior page and then hitting back
- Janus Proxy
- bug 1030742 - Rendering/Layout of the thumbnail preview happens before the main page
- (uplift) 1061372 - Crash with any value passed to mozLockOrientation() but portrait-primary and portrait-secondary
- (land) bug 942736 - Page-position when going back a page is not always remembered when conducting a scroll on prior page and then hitting back
- Janus Proxy: improve PNG compression with new image compression mechanics
- iOS sprint
- Onboarding crashes should be wrapping up with rnewman's bug 1085591
- Private browsing contextual hints
- Add-ons refresh with Robin
- ...mfinkle's Passwords work?
- Privacy coach
- Reading list refactoring (preparing for reading list service work)
- Wrote a test for the popup blocking notification - bug 1083879
- New tablet refresh
- bug 1077755 - Implement new tablet menu bar pressed/focused private browsing button color
- bug 1072464 - Discuss new tablet forward button size
- bug 1084659 - Move misplaced new_tablet_* resources
- bug 1084542 - Move shared code from Back/ForwardButtons to NavButton.
- bug 1079183 - The new refresh buttons looks a bit small
- bug 1085534 - Switch BrowserToolbar to NativeEventListener
- bug 1079693 - Intermittent testAddonManager | Exception caught - junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Text string: '^Add-ons$' is not found!
- Browser toolbar refresh
- bug 1019127 - Remove updateChildrenEnabledStateForEditing
- bug 960746 - Back/forward button state can get out of sync on tablets
- bug 1079182 - Edit mode text is misaligned with display mode
- bug 1085487 - Investigate reload misalignment
- bug 1085596 - Implement simplified (v1) new tablet editing mode
- bug 1086981 - Cancel editing mode when pressing menu items
- bug 1020534 - Tablet toolbar icons hard to read on dark lightweight themes
- bug 894473 - Support using LWT accent color as background color in more of the UI
- Herding bug 941155 (fix talos on mobile to have pageloader tests working in regular mode and nochrome mode) along
- bug 939350 - Create Python linter wrapper
- bug 983437 - Delay FHR pruning until the screen is off
- bug 989441 - Centralized documentation for writing tests
- Bashing my head against bug 1081768 and bug 1085591. What should be a no-op lifecycle change breaks reftests' assumptions about layer access. I'm going to test on 2.3.5, and gbrown is looking into why reftests don't run locally.
- Fixing all the bugs that blocked SDK 23/Android 21 tool deployment. We're good to go. Eclipse might complain but it's an easy fix.
- QA/Sync migration chatter with kthiessen.
- Early reading list discussions with rfkelly.
- Assorted other spinning plates and reviews.
- TRIBE: Awareness of Self. My cohort is a great group of people and I'm enjoying the introspection. Consistency/Learner/Harmony/Context/Analytical if you've done the session and are interested.
- Projects for this cycle:
- Minifying shipped JS, hoping to not ship Shumway
- Pushing Synced Tabs home panel through Aurora bug remotetabsv2
- Starting Reading List sync service
- Landing ckitching's Annotation Processor rewrites
- IntelliJ & AppCode licenses live and distributed (if you haven't got one and want one talk to me)
- trying to get dspec working - having issues! Investigating.
- Further discussions regarding lastpass. Talked to eeejay about geckoview integration with Android a11y API although sounds like there are issues.
- Reading list/ Reader mode cont'd work
- Continue with Firefox on Tablet work
- Onboarding project co-ordination with Gemma
- Project 105 exploration
- Awesome screen improvements
- Cont'd London WW prep
For last sprint: Asset creation for sprint. Testing mini-apps.
For next sprint: working on alternate navigation UI, null states (FxA/no data). Research – reading anything related to the best practices in prototyping with developers in mind.
Wrapping up final touches to landing page (BTW, Margaret=Rockstar).
- Improvements to the FxA OAuth code that I demoed last week
- Project 105: Tabs Screen - Not on Github yet. Later today.
- Project 105: Setting up a integration server (running at home, need to move to MoCoTO)
- Firefox Sync REST API - https://github.com/st3fan/moz-syncapi
- FxA OAuth in native Android apps
- Project 105: https://github.com/st3fan/P105ToolbarExperiment
- Project 105: https://github.com/st3fan/P105SettingsExperiment
- Local Android reftests are broken: bug 1083279 has a workaround
- Android bugs in this week's War on Orange report:
2. 137 oranges: bug 1054292 (NEW) <https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1054292> Intermittent Android TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | remoteautomation.py | application timed out after 330 seconds with no output ("org.mozilla.fennec still alive after SIGABRT: waiting...", [@ libc.so + 0xd1fc])
5. 35 oranges: bug 1054456 (NEW) <https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1054456> Intermittent Android talos command timed out: 3600 seconds without output running ['/tools/buildbot/bin/python', 'scripts/scripts/android_panda_talos.py', '--talos-suite', 'remote-tp4m_nochrome', '--cfg', 'android/android_panda_talos_releng.py', ' ...
- bug 1085742 - startup crash possibly found via jchen's better crash reports
- bug 1085405 - blank page on gecko start
- QA Release Test-Plans
- Bug: stumbling in Aurora was not on last week due to missed build flag, fixed
- Desperately need to get back to stumbling on Fennec to (1) get a minimum stumbling on/off test (2) a about:config pref to enable stumbler logging
- ^^^ Finishing up getting MozStumbler 1.0 on the Play Store, once that gets live I hope to have time
- Mobile Roadmap
- This was a funnel review week. Some items shuffled up to 36
- Status of Nightly items reviewed at Product Meeting yesterday. Please let me know if anything looks/feels wrong to you.