- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Merge: 2014-04-28 (Days away!)
Topics for This Week
- Merge Week
- Fx31 merges to Aurora on Monday. Now is the time to finish the small patches and decide on backing out the big patches that aren't working well enough. Only you can prevent poor quality!
- UI Telemetry
- Some patches have landed, others are very close. What's the current status of data being collected? What's the plan for handing off post-analysis knowledge?
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge. New contributors are highlighted in bold.
- Clemens Wilding fixed bug 920855 - Replace java.net.URL with java.net.URI wherever possible (first patch!)
- Alex Deaconu fixed bug 959185 - Audit API access levels in the toolbar package (first patch!)
- Christian Ascheberg fixed bug 971743 - Do not clear the download history with the browsing history
- Anuj Sahai fixed bug 995347 - Allow domain auto completion when entering "h" in url bar
- Alexandru Chiriac made a new contributor hat trick
- Eduard Neculaesi fixed bug 920930 - "Switch to tab" loads the page in the current tab from Reading List
- Vivek fixed bug 997996 - Make ToolbarComponent.dismissEditingMode use the cancel editing mode button
- Dave Townsend fixed bug 993533 - Add remote add-ons to the list of targets on a remote device (https://twitter.com/FennecNightly/status/458285656368619520)
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- Have Service Workers (partially) working with headless Gecko
- Planning an experiment to use headless gecko as a shim to provide fast startup
- Working on bug 952721 - crash in gfxContext::gfxContext(mozilla::gfx::DrawTarget*)
Alan K. (ack)
- CloudSync API up for review (minus some UI changes that are still pending)
Past two weeks
Past two weeks
- Flame H264 support
- 958130 - Use apikey parameter for all safebrowsing requests
- 997872 - Make delay before first safebrowsing download smaller/configurable.
- 946021 - Enable ARM assembly in libopus ARM build
- WebRTC 3.50 uplift
- Some SafeBrowsing leftovers
- Last Week: Continued work to separate WebRTC from code base. Met with Roku engineer.
- This Week: Continue to try and cleave the WebRTC code from the code base.
- WIP: bug 997447 - Modify EditText to shrink hint when text is not empty
- WIP: requestAutocomplete (bug 939351 and bug 946022)
- bug 995741 - If Fennec crashes and loses tabs, there's no way to restore said tabs
- bug 998063 - Feed parser should support media:thumbnail
- Second screen stuff. Getting Chromecast up and running. Close to a prototype implementation.
- bug 990642 - Regression: 'Share Image' shares link and not actual image. Some basic patches up. Looked into reusing cached images here (r.e. bug 901824 - Use image cache for 'Set Image As'). Back burnered based on that investigation.
- bug 985867 - Regression: Tapping in the add-ons page opens the same page in a new tab, unable to search for add-ons. Fix backed out for regressions on some devices.
- Playing with reflecting (selected) dom properties/nodes into Native UI for potentially doing a native add-on settings screen.
- Lots of reviews (lots more to do)
- Search activity / widget work
- bug 994195 - Add tests for RawResource class
- bug 999398 - Rename RawResource.get() to RawResource.getAsString()
- bug 994734 - Centralize change notification for dataset cursors
- bug 997660 - Update TopSites grid to use row types from TopSitesCursorWrapper
- bug 997772 - Bootstrap suggested sites framework
- bug 997777 - Optimize moveToPosition() performance in TopSitesCursorWrapper
- bug 997782 - Use suggested sites in the top sites panels
- bug 997782 - Use suggested sites in the top sites panels
- Async layout/rendering experiments on Android
- Patch reviews
- More suggested sites
- Some hub, if necessary
- bug 994273 - Home panel sessions not being properly closed
- bug 988909 - Context menus for dynamic panels
- First run/contextual hints
- Last steps of mentoring UI Telemetry bugs
- Top sites "Remove" option and correct History/Bookmarks behavior (bug 913457, bug 996850, bug 921136, bug 856565)
- Oranges (bug 994284, bug 993813)
- Continued work on Home Feed and World Cup add-ons to be featured for Fx30
- More hub documentation
- about:addons polish and bug fixing
- Empty views for dynamic panels
- 983424 - World cup RSS add-on
- 995420 - crash in java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.gecko.home.DynamicPanel$PanelDatasetLoader.loadCursor(DynamicPanel.java)
- 965622 - Handle the case where there are no items for a given dataset id
- 993666 - Home banner message can change while visible to user
- 901360 - Convert to Downloads.jsm in Firefox for Android
- 988068 - Add-on options are ugly
- 993749 - More padding in ArticleItemView
- 949178 - Remove reading list button from reader mode toolbar
- investigate bug 968951 - Intermittent testBrowserProvider | application timed out after 330 seconds with no output
- bug 970973 - Empty space in toolbar where lock icon would go
- bug 994989 - Move Save as pdf to the Page menu
- investigate bug 979621 - Android 2.3 testNewTab |junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: EditText is not found!
- bug 965548 - Add a way to close edit mode in one tap on phones
- Herding bug 941155 (fix talos on mobile to have pageloader tests working in regular mode and nochrome mode) along
- bug 939350 - Create Python linter wrapper
- bug 997487 - Add UI telemetry to editing mode cancel button
- bug 998000 - Add UI telemetry for editing mode go button
- bug 997477 - Add a way to close edit mode in one tap on tablet
- bug 998426 - Use same constructor across API levels in shrunken BrowserToolbar's LayoutParams
- bug 999750 - Recycle MotionEvents
- bug 1000149 - Simplify edit mode
- bug 958889 - Make Fennec "Synced Tabs" tray display entry point to Firefox Account + Sync when user has no existing accounts
- bug 983437 - Delay FHR pruning until the screen is off
- bug 989441 - Centralized documentation for writing tests
- Landed zoom session history
- Working on tests for zoom and zoom session history
- Preparing refactoring patch to move resolution out of PresShell
- New bug components!
- Sync user transition planning and bug stuff.
- Locale switching UI stuff. Well underway. One bug I'm trying to nail down...
- e10s planning
- e10s printing
- looking at FirefoxOS second screen dongle
- Project incubation
- Contextual Hints
- Search Activity/Widget
- Second Screen: Status
- Search Activity
- Early design explorations
- refinements to RSS and World Cup panels
- wading into other stuff
- promoted panel UI
- service-specific panels
- thinking about a panel add-on hack day :)
- Contextual tips
- Working with Sola on some tips prototypes
- First run
- Brainstorm session with Yuan and Anthony tomorrow
- Tablet refresh
- Refining tabbed browsing spec
- General UI polish
- "make mochitest-robocop" and "make mochitest-remote" are broken, but a fix is landing today
- eideticker has been down for a few weeks now...still trying to fix it in bug 988606
<Read Only> You guys are rocking on Fx29 and Fx30. Jenn is setting us up for success for Fx31, and Fx32: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Roadmap