- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Next merge: 2015-03-30 (pencils down)
Topics for This Week
- Next Build:
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
- Next Build:
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge. New contributors are highlighted in bold.
- Stéphane fixed bug 935259 - Split DOMLinkAdded switch statement into methods
- Jeff Lu fixed bug 1140044 - Bookmarks button in browser menu does not update title when state changes
- Sebastian fixed bug 1142699 - Intermittent testReaderModeTitle and bug 1143280 - Android build fails with updated support library (22) and/or new API level (22)
- Capella fixed bug 1140979 - Change SelectionHandler/TextSelection to use UUID vs. simple selectionID
- And he's starting work on bug 988143 - Enable text selection and touch caret in Gecko on Fennec!
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
- Got Gecko running on an iOS device last week: https://twitter.com/TedMielczarek/status/578379233153531904
- Worked out some kinks this week and got JITs working (thanks to jandem, bug 977805)
- Next up is getting OMTC/APZ working, probably the last work item for me
James W. (snorp)
- Fixed render cruft in presentation composite pass.
- Created patch for tab mirror encoder so that tabs streamed from mobile device are full size (see bug 1144975).
- Landed bug fix to gamepad on MacOS that would cause a crash if certain buttons were pressed, patch also enabled dpad on MacOS attached controllers (see bug 1107801).
- Un-bitrotted standalone webrtc code. Still broken on Roku due to compiler issues.
- Scale presentation composite so that entire page is mirrored and wrap up project.
- Get latest code running on Roku again.
- Investigate encoding shared tab from composite in place of redrawing page.
- MP3 demuxer
- Last week: wrote MP3 frame detection and parsing
- This week: integrated new MP3 frame detection with new MP3 demuxer (basic functionality, no seeking yet)
- Next: integrate MP3 demuxer with MP4Reader and iron out issues to finally play sound again
- Top sites/thumbnails
- bug 1147158 - Site rows should use URL as the default text if there's no title
- bug 1146511 - Search results mangled on device rotation
- Had a baby
- bug 1137958 - Prompt for saving passwords. Landed
- bug 1135180 - Favicon storage for bookmarks. Landed.
- bug 1146366 - Bookmark star is not updating when switching tabs
- bug 1147175 - Use SDWebImage for thumbnail
- bug 1137462 - Improve history database performance
Passwords doorhangers on Android, about:passwords work.
- Lots of reader view/readability hacking
- Things landing on Nightly, but we'll need to uplift to 38
- 1139678 - <Regression> Fx-Team-Non-PGO - Tp5 Optimized caused by background readability parsing
- 792366 - Reader Mode loses section headings, makes content less understandable
- 1144355 - "doc.documentElement is undefined" in reader task
- 1125711 - First paragraph missing from parsed article
- 1132674 - Reader mode toolbar button is slow to appear
- 1145259 - Reader view button doesn't appear when page is loaded from bfcache
- 1143844 - Be smarter about whether or not to show the reader toolbar button
- 1131004 - Pre-installed OpenH264 add-on has no pertinent user information about why it's installed
- 1146046 - Update the not-an-article testcase in testReadingListCache to be really not an article
- Add to reading list button (& uplift)
- Sharing improvements: "Send to other devices" & visual improvements (& uplift)
- Next: Android L fixes & search improvements
- 1145217 - Disable "Add to reading list" button on about: pages (except about:reader)
- 1142196 - Make JS' reader mode and Java's "Add to reading list" buttons' behavior consistent
- 1145897 - ActivityChooserModel.hasOtherSyncClients gives stale data
- 1145892 - Add null check to clientrecords in ShareDialog
- 1130203 - Implement v2 share overlay mock
<Read Only> Head down mopping up the blood for Reading List on Android: bug 1147164.
- Reader View content is now served via built-in web server
- (Internal) Reader View URLs are hidden
- Share To Extension works again (for both Bookmarks and Reading List) !
- Reader View content is cached for offline usage (but no images yet)
- Pushed out a new Aurora Build
- Integrating better Reading List storage (so that mark as read / delete will start working)
- Share Extension UX update
- Random boog fixes (trying to fix at least one or two small bugs in the morning to shrink the queue)
Struggling with Optionals, Properites, Protocols and Closures in pursuit of the least disgusting way I could think off do saving of open tabs. (restoring is later).
Blocked on UX for QR code reading (this isn't a cry for help!).
Somewhat excited by the React-Native due out at the F8 Conference this week.
- last week
- Passwords had a project checkpoint last week
- FHR passwords provider v2 is back in review for nits (1124895)
- Aurora Scrollbar missing from some small screen/mdpi devices, awaiting aurora uplift: 1128431 (aka 1135770 1135771)
- this week
- android doorhanger work (1147064, 1139553, 1139551)
- any new aurora bugs
Catching up on things from 5 weeks of travel
- Working on Program Review material (Program Review for Firefox is on Friday)
- iOS dogfooding, planning and triage (moving along well)
- Yelling in meetings at appropriate moments
- Passwords UX work
- Doorhangers wrangling
- Tracking Protection co-ordination
- Reading List UX sync up
- First Run
- bug 1147018 UX Design specification for the Share To extension
- bug 1144760 UX and assets for empty Synced Tabs panel
- bug 1130495 Home Panels - Synced tabs
- bug 1130512 Reading mode - Landscape layouts
- bug 1145240 Make tab tray home panel icon list have light background and update icons
- bug 1134786 New Assets for browsing UI
- bug 1143956 Device type assets for Synced Tabs panel
All UI (not specs) in progress can be viewed here: http://invis.io/XY2HBO14R
- Back from PTO
- working on some patches to bring iOS closer to the specs
- Meeting improvements summary
- Rotating meeting master
- Try removing read-only?
- Briefly summarize what you've worked on