- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Plan to spin beta 4 today
Major Topics for This Week
- Beta 4
- One blocker remains: bug 624652 : Nexus S can hang after opening a few tabs, requiring battery removal
- Working on 2.0 blockers
- Working on performance issues
- Beta 5 blocker list will start forming
- Went through blocker list with Madhava and Thomas looking at UX/UI issues
- Reflow-on-zoom is at risk. We need a plan and we need criteria for shipping 'on'
- working through these 2.0 blockers:
- zoom reflow bugs: bug 623820, bug 623831, bug 627103
- writing b4 what's new post
- list of what's new here: http://etherpad.mozilla.com:9000/A52pwBYA3c
- working on UX "roadmap" for post 4.0
- from last week
- tl;dr: still 0 in production
- bear pulled an all-nighter to get staging reliably green. we then spent the rest of the day checking this in, rolling it out, and finally switching some tegras to run in production.
- at this point we noticed/remembered that bear's testing staging environment was running against thursday's nightly, with old devicemanager code.
- assuming we don't regress anything further, we've solved 1 of 2 blockers to going live. we'll be working on incorporating the devicemanager changes and testing against the new shared id today.
Top 5 crashes:
1)libz.so@0x14b4 - 299 crashes
Related bug: Bug 626051 It is #1 top crasher in Fennec 4.0b4pre for the last week. There was a big spike for this crash in the last 3 days(81 crashes to be exact). Steve Kondik commented that this is mostly on CM7(Gingerbread version). CM isnt released yet and hence they re still testing their nightly. Hopefully this should be fixed in final release.
2)js::mjit::JaegerShot - 20 crashes
Related bug: Bug 615993 It is #2 top crasher in Fennec 4.0b4pre for the last week. This is an armv6 crash. We dont really care about that. But happens on motorola droid 2 devices as well. Stuart and Kevin report that they saw it while surfing wiki.mozilla.org. Talked to kevin but cannot reproduce it.
3)EqualityCompiler::update - 13 crashes
Related bug: Bug 626361 It is a new crash signature. Crashes first appeared in Fennec 4.0b4pre/20110115. It is #3 top crasher in Fennec 4.0b4pre for the last 3 days.
4)nsWindow::OnDraw - 7 crashes
Related bug: Bug 612546 Crashes first appeared in the build - Fennec 4.0b4pre 20110115 It is #4 top crasher in Fennec 4.0b4pre for the last week.
5)libc.so@0x10a40 - 6 crashes
Related bug: Bug 628715 Crashes first appeared in the build - Fennec 4.0b4pre 20110113 It is #4 top crasher in Fennec 4.0b4pre for the last week.