- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 95312
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 95312
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 95312
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 95312
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Warp Core Vidyo Room
- Merged on monday
- Released Fx15 on Tuesday
- Next merge is 2012-10-08
- Fx16b1 was built yesterday
Major Topics for This Week
- 4 Stars in Play Store
- We hit 4 visible stars on release and 4.0 rating on beta
- Fx15 Released
- Lots of positive ratings. Some confusion about hybrid (phablet) UI.
- Fx16 Uplift
- We still have two items that need to be uplifted to Fx16. A security fix for Reader (bug 778582) and Feedback Solicitation (bug 774479).
- WebApps Update
- We had a great WebApps testday, which uncovered a few important bugs, as well as some UX issues. Due to several factors, we are holding WebApps from Fx16.
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- Aug 21 - Aug 28
- looked around at the bfcache code to see if it's possible to serialize (looks dauntingly hard)
- getting some tools together to be able to analyze memory use in more detail (heap/object graph visualization)
- mentoring AlexHagerman to get him going with a working build
- bug 783758 - close pixels.map file to avoid errors on pandaboard
- bug 785596 - guard against null pointer exception
- bug 785520 - scroll contenteditable fields into view on focus
- bug 781883 - guard against missing the LocationChange event from browser.js when the activity is torn down/recreated
- continue working on a heap analysis/visualization tool
- work on bugs as they come up
- Last week:
- Bug 783639 PixelTest failures on panda
- Identified 2 issues but still not working
- Setting up my own panda board for faster debugging
- Bug 764901 Intermittent Robocop testPasswordEncrypt
- Investigated but couldn't track down a cause
- Bug 777440 Estimate releng work for supporting 2 pass linking
- First patch sets up environment successfully, but having trouble running fennec-with-valgrind in emulator
- Bug 783639 PixelTest failures on panda
- Try to finish up bug 783639
- Continue work on bug 777440
- Bug 784242 PixelTest failures: Pixel at 100, 0 - Color rgba(0,0,0,255) not close enough to expected rgb(32,100,0)
- Bug 767215 Intermittent testAxisLocking, testLoad, testFlingCorrectness | Pixel at 0, 0 - Color rgba(255,255,255,255)
Chris Lord (cwiiis)
- Bug 778582
- Improved XULRunner reader mode test framework (https://github.com/thebnich/reader-test)
- In progress: Bug 784386 - Big memory spikes on readability check
- Bug 784386 - Big memory spikes on readability check
- Partying for 2000 5-stars in one day!
- bug 771915 - Show the origin of the page in the chrome of the app when it is different from webapp's origin
- bug 786058 - Disable webapps support on FF 16
- bug 769857 - Delay showing tap highlight instantly on tap (50ms delay)
- bug 786599 - Firefox file picker is triggered when clearing the Android notifications after a file was already downloaded
- bug 780759 - Splashscreens for webapps - waiting for r?
- bug 783921 - Application shortcuts wrongly scaled? (DPI) - need to update with some ctypes magic
- bug 784500 - Prime DNS in Java when Gecko is started with a url
- Test day with the MiniMart (its always open! http://dl.dropbox.com/u/72157/Webapp.html#applistSection)
- bug 774914/bug 785145 - Convert divs with only a P element child into plain P elements
- bug 785343 - Don't convert DIV to P when it only contains a SELECT node
- bug 777562 - Pass the right node to have styles cleaned after parsing
- bug 785758 - Always update security and reader modes after progress visibility
- bug 771380 - Reorganize toolbar layout to better handle dynamic icons
- bug 778582 (Security bug)
- Organized all Reader Mode bugs in terms of priorities
- Reader Mode bug fixing, ensure Beta is ready to go
- Fix any remaining issues on new toolbar layout
- Blog about Reader Mode in Beta
- bug 759189 - Fix JSON parsing of getBuilders.php response
- bug 783565 - Don't look for mobile doctype or handheldFriendly if there is also a meta viewport tag
- bug 784704 - GetViewportInfo does not read minimum-scale and maximum-scale
- bug 784612 - Remove old XUL content autoScale hack from meta viewport code
- bug 564815 - implement window.devicePixelRatio
- bug 779527 - Fennec reports wrong screen resolution/density and pixel ratio
- bug 716575 - Use the native Gecko support for <meta viewport>
- Starting work on Metro Firefox
- Wrap up and land platform viewport and resolution patches
- Investigating some aweseome screen perf problems - bug 785945
- Investigating crashes caused by references to menuitems that might not exist in GeckoApp - bug 779741
- Going to Warsaw/Paris for MozCamp/Community Building Meetup/PTO September 5-19
- Worked on position maintaining code for reflow-on-zoom prototype.
- bug 784887: Add message passing from Java->JS for pinch-to-zoom events (not complete)
- Finish work with viewport modifications to better support reflow-on-zoom.
- Land bug 780258: Add max line box width API.
- Blog about prototype for reflow-on-zoom and other events at Boston workweek.
- Start bug 784375: Limit font inflation max ratio
Currently having apartment issues and I'm stuck there – Notes will be properly updated when I come into the office
Note also that this is my last week as an intern. :(
- Bug 766389 - Add "My Apps" to AboutHomePromoBox
- Context menus
- Level 1 committer's access
- Bug 784016 – Right side click bug
- Filed some bugs for web apps test day
- Reviewed some patches
- Intern presentation tomorrow, 8/30, at 1pm PST.
- Working on that today
- Input fields
- Screen flicker when selecting input fields
- Zooming into an input field when it is selected
- If I have time during the semester, I will try to continue helping out
- Otherwise... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- What is the status of XUL Fennec? Do we still need to worry about breaking XUL Fennec?
- Reminder AaronMT is the lead on FX 16
- nhirata still on b2g more so.
Please see Platform Meeting Notes for Stability report
- This is the first 24 hours of feedback on Firefox 15.
Firefox 15 Ratings on Google Play:
5 star 45,394 (+1,817, 70% of Growth)
4 star 17,461 (+576, 22% of Growth)
3 star 12,216 (+124, 4% of Growth)
2 star 8,296 (+48, 2% of Growth )
1 star 12,864 12,811 (+53, 2% of Growth)
Average rating: 3.77 (+.02)
Average Rating of the past 24 hours of Reviews: 4.89 (+.69)
96,231 Total Reviews (+2618)
Trending Topics/Issues in Rating Comments:
- UI Complaints
- Text Input
- Text Looks Jagged
Observations: Crashing (a concern with this update) isn't being mentioned at all in the comments. we will see how this plays out over the next few days. There seems to be an issue with text input (words being duplicated, etc.)
We also have a smaller issue that is text appearing jagged in 15. Haven't narrowed this down any, will be keeping an eye on it over the next 2-3 days.
Good Points: The users love this release! It fixes nearly all of our main complaints from Firefox 14, plus improves startup speed significantly according to some users. Ratings are up dramatically in the past 48 hours as well.
Firefox Beta (Week of August 28, Firefox 15)
Firefox Beta Ratings on Google Play:
5 star 7,689 (+407, 59% of Growth)
4 star 3,210 (+157, 23% of Growth)
3 star 1,722 (+53, 8% of Growth)
2 star 895 (+36, 5% of Growth)
1 star 1,531 (+37, 5% of Growth)
Average rating: 3.93 (-.03 from last week)
This Week's worth of Reviews Average Rating: 4.24 (+.14)
15,204 Total Reviews (+690)