- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Tuesdays @ 9:00am Pacific
- Roadmap landing page
- Product Planning landing page
Agenda & Minutes
Roadmap launchpad: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Roadmap
Red Flags / Hot Items
Any hot items, red flags of important topics to discuss for 23 (beta), 24 (aurora) or 25 (nightly)?
- Dynamic snippets - moving to On Deck due to rescoped direction (and will await an appropriate release vehicle / timing from engineering) and will need to be renamed to better reflect what we're doing
- mitigation = hard-coded promos (contingency only)
- add-ons can add a page to about:home
- add-ons can add a tile to designated space to about:home (this is the traditional 'dynamic snippet' approach) -> partner would create an add-on so that the add-on
- control: block list? tile rotation for the add-on rotation?
- dynamic toolbar - keep eyes open for any issues
- about:home redesign 'at risk' for fx 25 due to amount of work for ensuring designs for both tablets and phones are launched at the same time
Settings Menu UI Proposal
- Ian to share proposal
- Initial reactions are very very positive
- Technical implementation under discussion
- Softvision received a ZTE device
- Can we get them to also order a tablet once commercially released
- Erin had placed orders based on her etherpad list, although devices are still 'on order'
- HW coverage seems adequate
- Kevin or Aaron will be able to run those graphics tests locally (but automatically) on a machine and we all feel confident that running these tests in this manner will suffice for release
- Timing for running these tests dependent on receipt of hw
- UPDATE: a-team may be able to stand up a solution so that Kevin / Aaron don't need to run these - woohoo!
- Nothing outstanding
- RelEng (inc a-team requirements)
- RelEng task to run tests 'by hand'
- ultimately need automation stood up for x86 at some point, but not a hard requirement before first going to GA
RelMan Process for Alternative Distribution channels
- Other stores