- Roadmap, roadmap, roadmap: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Roadmap#Firefox_29:_.28Aurora.29
- Should we target Feb 28th for go/no-go
- And more roadmap: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Roadmap#Firefox_30_.28Nightly.29
- Sync, I'm getting there will a roll-up of sync but I'm not there yet: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Projects/Firefox_Accounts_with_Sync_1.1_integration
- Current status of snippets & product announcments?
- Product Announcements is day for day, I wasn't able to get to it last week; aiming for this week prior to mwc
- Snippets for sync: I'm pretty sure we still need an API to be able to target current old sync users vs. new new sync users but let's confirm with rnewman
- General snippets, perf regression?
- Gartner Says Annual Smartphone Sales Surpassed Sales of Feature Phones for the First Time in 2013. Not shocking news given the last couple of years, but interesting to see happen.
- Android's 'Open' System Has Limits. Turns out Android isn't as open for OEMs. Recent documents have revealed that in order for OEMs (Samsung and HTC, specifically are known) to access to Google Play, they have had to sign in the past a "Mobile Application Distribution Agreement" that requires them to install other Google apps. European antitrust regulators are investigating.
- Barnes & Noble Fired Its Nook Hardware Engineering Staff.
- More than half of Facebook’s referral traffic now comes from mobile.
- Starting to think about possible ways to improve our roadmap planning & prioritization process -- what we have is good, but feels a little mushy at times. I'd like to crisp it up and get a bit further ahead of the game. Will update with progress when progress has been made (Deb)
- Will do this biweekly starting in a week or two - in-meeting only (no notes). This is mostly a heads-up that this is a thing we'll start doing more formally.