< Mobile | ProductPlanning
- 1 Hot items
- 2 Roadmap & Funnel update
- 3 Feature Focus
- 4 Partner review
- 5 Feedback
- 6 User Research
- 7 Marketing
- 8 Roundtable
- 9 Feature Demos
- 10 References
- Jeff Introducing Delphine, taking over my role with l10n for both Fennecs.
Roadmap & Funnel update
- Analysis of A/B experiment: multiple onboarding slides
- Next round of on-boarding: feature-focused promotion through slides
- Top sites discussions
Content notifications (since April 4 in Nightly)
- ~ 700 feeds have been subscribed to in total, and around 170 notifications have been sent.
- 145 users have been automatically subscribed (~5 feeds (bookmarks) per user)
- 158 users have automatically received content notifications
- 20 users have clicked on notification (13% engagement rate)
- 18 users have clicked on settings in notifications
- 2 users have removed bookmarks that they were subscribed to
- 23 users went into settings and changed the setting to off
- 7 users went into settings and changed the setting back to on
Top Alexa default top websites engagement
- People like and click on our suggested sites:
Live experiments include:
- On for whole nightly and beta populations:
- Bookmark-history-menu: Display "History" and "Bookmarks" menu items in 3-dot menu.
- Offline-cache: Try to load pages from disk cache when network is offline.
- Search-term: Show search mode (instead of home panels) when tapping on urlbar if there is a search term in the urlbar.
- Not on yet(?) - Min 0, Max 0
- Whatsnew-notification: Show a "What's new" notification when the browser updates. Tapping on this notification will open a new tab with a SUMO article about what is new in Firefox.
- On for 25% each of the nightly population:
- Content-notifications-12hrs: Enable content notifications and check for updates every 12 hours at random times based on app start.
- Content-notifications-8am: Enable content notifications and check for updates every day at 8 am.
- Content-notifications-5pm: Enable content notifications and check for updates every day at 5 pm.
- On for 50% of the nightly population:
- Promote-add-to-homescreen [wasn't included in page blurb]
This was included in the blurb but not in experiments.json:
- Malware-download-protection: Enable malware download protection.
- Firefox for iOS v4.0 - stabilization. Main features are: Today's widget, Bookmarks in awesomebar results and Overwrite certificate errors.
- Firefox for iOS v5.0 includes major UI changes - combine history related panels, Menu, Home page and tab management.
- Continue working through enabling bi-directional bookmarks (fixing the bookmarks folders and sync state messaging prior to turning it in)
- Enable users to add new search engines in the app
If not already discussed above, a quick check on selected key projects:
- Migrating Reading List from a home panel to bookmarks: see Demo :)
- First-run tour: as discussed (earlier)
- Activity stream: nothing new
- Monitoring / notifying Web for new content: some first nightly results (see above)
In-meeting updates: Karen
Status can be found on Mana
- Menu/Toolbar (Emily)
- Bookmarks in awesomebar results (Emily)
- Today's widget (James)
Android Notable Links
- Fennec Roadmap in Aha!
- Click Here to suggest new features for the Fennec Roadmap
- Bugs closed or resolved in last 7 days
iOS Notable Links
- iOS Roadmap in Aha!
- Click Here to suggest new features for the iOS Roadmap
- V2.0 Schedule in Smartsheet. Sign in with mozilla email and request access.
- iOS Program Status Reports