Profiling on device is the most important thing. We currently have:
- piranha, an Android profiler by pcwalton
- azakai's profiling patches that work on all OSes
- See bug 629513 for data
On desktop OSes, normal profilers like oprofile are useful.
- XULRunner profiling results from Movial
- Instructions to setup USB networking, NFS and OProfile on N800 (Note these instructions are slightly out of date)
- I had trouble recompiling glibc because of a missing 'limits.h' file.
- I hacked around it by copying /scratchbox/compilers/cs2007q3-glibc2.5-arm6/lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.2.1/include-fixed/limits.h to /scratchbox/compilers/cs2007q3-glibc2.5-arm6/lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.2.1/include/