Mobile/Projects/My List: Auto-play video and audio lists
- Meta-bug to be filed
Having a handy, self-curated list of video and audio files is great, but let's make it easy for people to view/listen to all that stuff:
- Allow users to auto-play all of the videos or audio files in My List when they've filtered their list by those media types.
Use cases & user stories
- When I have filtered My List to show just the video items, I want to auto-play all of the unviewed videos on the list, so I don't have to mess around opening and playing each item separately.
- When I have filtered My List to show just the audio items, I want to auto-play all of the unlistened-to items on the list, so I don't have to mess around opening and playing each item separately.
- When an item on My List has been auto-played, I want that item flagged as "played" so if I come back to My List later I know that I have already seen/heard it.
- Not handed off yet
- User value, user delight - once you create a list of playable media, it simply makes sense to have the option to autoplay everything on the list in order. This also works in conjunction with whatever cross-device screencasting features we build, where the user will be able to cast their video or audio list up to another screen and just set it to play there.
- User features like this, including screencasting, feed into our marketshare & co-marketing goals.
- No user-perceptible performance degradation
- All goals are met
- All user stories are implemented & tested