Mobile/Projects/My List: Manage current lists in settings
|942231||--||Allow for reordering and removing home page tabs||RESOLVED||Lucas Rocha (:lucasr)|
|942875||--||Create "Home page lists" settings page||VERIFIED||shovel-ready||Chenxia Liu [:liuche]|
|949172||--||Implement proper HomeConfigBackend to load and save HomePager configuration||RESOLVED||shovel-ready||Lucas Rocha (:lucasr)|
|949174||--||Implement invalidation routine for HomePager configuration||RESOLVED||shovel-ready||Lucas Rocha (:lucasr)|
|949178||P1||Remove reading list button from reader mode toolbar||VERIFIED||shovel-ready||:Margaret Leibovic (PTO Aug 27 - Sept 14)|
|959917||P2||Make Home Panel settings reorderable||VERIFIED||shovel-ready||Chenxia Liu [:liuche]|
|960359||P1||Home banner will never show up if user disables "Top Sites" panel||VERIFIED||Josh Dover [:jdover]|
7 Total; 0 Open (0%); 3 Resolved (42.86%); 4 Verified (57.14%);
Implement basic home screen list management in Settings so users can rearrange their Top Sites, History, Bookmarks, and Reading List screens, select any one of them as the default to display on new tabs, and hide those they don't wish to see (also unhide them, when they realize they actually need it).
User stories + use cases
- As a user, I want to be able to change the order of the existing Firefox home screen panels, so I can set them up in a way that feels most natural to me.
- As a user, I want to be able to set any one of the existing Firefox home screen panels as default, so I can have something other than Top Sites automatically displayed when I open a new tab or start my browser.
- As a user, I want to be able to hide (and unhide) any or all of the default home screen lists, so I can customize Firefox to the point of displaying nothing but a blank page when I open a new tab or start my browser.
- See the first panel on slide 12 of Ian's Firefox Hub deck, less the "add a list" option.
- User value, user delight, customization & control.
- Next small step towards the extended "Firefox Hub" experience.
- No user-perceptible performance degradation
- All goals are met
- All user stories are implemented & tested