Mobile/Projects/Promo snippet for Marketplace
- TBD - depends on APK synthesis shipping
With APK synthesis, we want to ramp up our promotion of the Firefox Marketplace and webapps. Initially this will be limited to a promotional snippet (this) and a preloaded bookmark.
Using the new (and newly preffed on) Dynamic Snippets system, create a promotional snippet that will let users know about and get to the Firefox Marketplace from their Firefox home screen.
- As a user who has never heard of the Firefox Marketplace, I would like to be told about it through the promotional banner on my Firefox Home Screen, so I can learn about it without having to first read about it on the web somewhere, or stumbling across it accidentally when digging around my menus.
- As a user, when I tap on the promotional banner, I want to be taken to the Firefox Marketplace, so it's as easy as possible to take a look at what's available.
- As a user, once I have tapped on the promotional banner for the Firefox Marketplace, I don't care if the Marketplace snippet appears again on my Firefox home screen, but I don't want it to be the only content shown there.
- As a user, I would like to be given tips about other ways I can get to the Firefox Marketplace -- through my Tools menu, directly on the web, etc. -- so I'm not always relying on the promotional banner to find it again.
- Will need an icon/image of some sort that the marketing team will be able to include in the snippet
- Marketplace & webapps are significant elements in the overall Firefox ecosystem, and we need to help support and promote those as we can and as makes sense. This is in direct support of one of our primary 2014 goals.
- All user stories & goals met and fully tested.
- No negative performance impact.
- Telemetry probes are included where it makes sense.