1.0 release requirements
- Data types supported
- Login using your Firefox Sync account.
- Allow the user to open URLs in the native web browser.
- Provide search interface for awesome bar data.
- Provide simple visual aids (for e.g. favicons, folder structure) to navigate through bookmarks. [P2]
- Automatically start syncing tabs without requiring any manual intervention. [P2]
- Decryption of data must happen on the phone.
- Allow user to securely remember password and secret phrase on the phone.
- Do not render the phone unusable for long periods of time.
- Be intelligent about downloading just enough data at just the right time, i.e. it should not waste resources. [P2]
- Be intelligent about only caching relevant information. [P2]
- RC: early June
- Submit to app store: mid June
Code repo: http://hg.mozilla.org/services/fx-home/
List of projects for 1.0
Note: This list starts as of April 6, 2010 and doesn't include all the work already done.
|Support Sync 1.3 API||P1||Done||Not needed, since we support 1.2 and there are no changes expected.|
|Switch search to use frecency||P2||Done (2010-04-26)|
|First run UI||P1||Mock-up done, we need a page to point to and backend support.||Limi to create mockups|
|Review crypto code||P1||}}||Dan W and Brian Warner (also dolske)|
|Review networking code||P1||Still looking||stuart to help find someone|
|Visual update||P1||Stuart is going to get Martell what he needs||Martell to help make new icons for tab, folder, bookmarks, back/forward etc.|
|Unit tests||P1||RUNWAY||bug 550600|
|Web backend to collect email address during signup||P1|
|Copy for web pages (email collection, done)||P1|
|Branding||P1||INFLIGHT||bug 550603 The right people are working on it|
|QA test plan||P1||RUNWAY||Talk to Matt about QA resources|
|Apply for Apple developer account||P1||??|
- RUNWAY - Waiting for design or initial planning
- TAKEOFF - Ready for work to begin
- INFLIGHT - Work is in progress. Patches should be in bugs.
- LANDED - Work has finished and is in the product.
- Expand internal testing
- How many keys do we have available left?