Old newsgroup documentation:
All of the format documentation above is inaccurate and/or outdated to some degree. An attempt at an updated format description based on existing documentation, source code, and reading Mork files can be found here.
Hacks to parse Mork format:
- http://www.jwz.org/hacks/mork.pl (Perl)
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=175024&action=view (Python)
- http://github.com/KevinGoodsell/mork-converter (Python — supports multiple output formats and a plugin-like system for defining filters)
Dead links as of June 2014:
- http://www.probo.com/timr/parsemsf.py (Python — doesn't always work)
- http://www.scalingweb.com/mork_parser.php (Open Source C++ Mork Parser)
bug 241438 is a bug report to replace Mork format that has some useful pointers, including the above Python attachment.
Mozilla2:Unified_Storage is planned to replace Mork.